IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Re: I hate having a bad back
Got opiates?

I messed mine up trying to get a kid's birthday cake out of a shopping cart a couple years ago while visiting Washington. Managed to drive to urgent care where I got a stack of vicodin and methocarbomol.

I spent three days in my hotel flat on my back and out of my head ordering room service before I could walk out. (It required a fireman's carry from the bellhop to get me to my room in the first place).

I think once you turn 50 you should get an opiates and muscle relaxant allowance for shit like this.
New Wouldn't help (much)
Mine is a disk pushing on a nerve. Muscle relaxer would help minimize spasms, but wouldn't do anything for the underlying problem.
--

Drew
New Is surgery an option?
I had a L5 lumbar lam 4 years ago. It no longer requires days in the hospital. I had a synovial cyst on my spinal chord which shut my legs down almost completely. I showed up in the morning for surgery, in the afternoon the doctor walked into the recovery room and said "Get off the bed and walk". I did, and they sent me home that afternoon. I wasn't supposed to driver for a couple weeks and I had some light physical therapy. I can walk miles again and I consider 450lbs. to be medium weight to leg press at the gym.
Spinal surgery isn't as scary as it used to be. If it is an option, you should consider it.
"Religion, n. A daughter of Hope and Fear, explaining to Ignorance the nature of the Unknowable."
~ AMBROSE BIERCE
(1842-1914)
New Hmmm ...
Four years ago it was an option, but only if PT didn't work. I'm mostly good now, but it'll be worth asking if it happens again.
--

Drew
     I hate having a bad back - (drook) - (25)
         Re: I hate having a bad back, sorry to hear, I have one as well luckily at the moment no pain -NT - (boxley)
         I used to have one. - (malraux) - (13)
             especially the bed. I have slept on a thin futon on the floor for many years, it helps -NT - (boxley) - (12)
                 The most comfortable beds we've had: - (malraux) - (11)
                     Do you know the brand off-hand? - (Another Scott) - (10)
                         thats what I like about futons, pick it up and shake it back into shape -NT - (boxley)
                         My waterbed does not get depressions . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (6)
                             Yeahbut... - (Another Scott) - (3)
                                 My local supplier tried to sell me something like that . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                                     I snore a bit too. - (Another Scott)
                                 I used one for years. - (crazy)
                             life-saving waterbed - (rcareaga) - (1)
                                 Yowza! -NT - (Another Scott)
                         Sleep EZ - (malraux) - (1)
                             Thanks very much. Gotta do some studying... -NT - (Another Scott)
         Our backs are a weak part in the design. - (Another Scott) - (5)
             also I use a book and a doorway to press out kinks. - (boxley) - (4)
                 Oooh. Sounds scary, but worth trying. Thanks. -NT - (Another Scott) - (1)
                     chiro taught me that one, press like doing a pushup -NT - (boxley)
                 Sounds like an upper back trick? - (drook) - (1)
                     no. place book right against tailbone, lean a little forward then try it -NT - (boxley)
         Re: I hate having a bad back - (TB D) - (3)
             Wouldn't help (much) - (drook) - (2)
                 Is surgery an option? - (hnick) - (1)
                     Hmmm ... - (drook)

I was all upset until I remembered I'm on Verizon and it doesn't fucking matter anyway.
90 ms