IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Korean.
The most recent Music Group event I hosted was on October 31 - a Halloween themed event (music wise). The food I served was all Korean, because Korean was what I had been working with, and I wasn't done yet. The dishes served were very much liked. I have posted a pictorial menu with links to the recipes.

Menu - Korea #1
New Hot stuff! :)
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New could you expand on soaking the mushrooms for an hour please?
you can kill people for America at age 18 but need to be 21 to buy a beer
New Yes, I can.
For dried shiitakes (black mushrooms), most recipes say to soak in hot water for 20 minutes or so.

Some Asian food mavens say the flavor is better if you soak in cold water for at least an hour, even as much as two. I have found a cold water soak of 1 hour is adequate, though not excessive.

In my opinion, the flavor is better after a 1 hour cold soak - however, if I really needed them fast, I'd still soak 20 minute in hot water.

This I find is rarely necessary, since even starting a recipe without warning, I can start the 'shrooms soaking first thing and squirrel the prep around so they are ready when needed.

Incidentally, for fresh shiitakes, they are usually a bit dry and don't cook really well. A 20 to 30 minute soak in warm water transforms them. They then have an almost creamy texture and are very much better than without the soak.
New I love shitakes
And I got my GF hooked on em - now the criminis just won't do.

Hey, I live in San Diego now (N County near Del Mar) - would love to meet up sometime. Maybe do a little cooking together?

I and my GF (Ann) like to cook lots and we reference your site at times (your turkey notes are what I refer to every year at this time - people rave about my birds thanks to you). Also the tortilla soup although I toss in grilled chicken thighs to give it some protein.

Korean sounds fun. ;-)
tblanchard at mac dot com is best way to reach me
New I like this round of photos better
Less distracting background and china. I'd have switched the bowls for the rice and seaweed salad, though.
--

Drew
     Korean. - (Andrew Grygus) - (5)
         Hot stuff! :) -NT - (a6l6e6x)
         could you expand on soaking the mushrooms for an hour please? -NT - (boxley) - (2)
             Yes, I can. - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                 I love shitakes - (TB D)
         I like this round of photos better - (drook)

Sex. Always sex.
47 ms