IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Ben Carson, idiot savant
I saw an article on HuffPo this afternoon claiming that Ben Carson asserted in 1998 a personal theory that the Egyptian pyramids were built by Joseph as grain silos. This seemed to me to be TGTBT. I thought HuffPo got punked and went off to Snopes to confirm that suspicion. Snopes was silent on the issue but I found a video of the event and damed if he didn't actually say it, in public, wearing his academic regalia.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/natemcdermott/ben-carson-egyptian-pyramids-built-for-grain-storage-not-by#.nipZzAdxy

The guy has skills. He was chief of pediatric neurology at Johns Hopkins. He did a world's first separation of twins conjoined at the head with extensive shared vasculature. But when he takes off his stethoscope and puts on his Jesus hat, he is epically batshit. How the fuck can a guy like this be polling over .01%?
New He knows his audience.
Kevin Drum:

Yes indeedy. Carson has written eleven books, six of them in just the past two years, and evangelicals eat them up. Just like they eat up his devotion to hardy right-wing conspiracy theories. And on the political front, Carson knows exactly what turns evangelicals on.

He may do well in Iowa (after all Huckabee and Santorum won there), but it's hard for me to see his shtick getting much traction after SC.

He seems more interested in keeping his book income than campaigning anyway, so it's probably a moot point in the greater scheme of things. ;-)

Cheers,
Scott.
New It could be "vincible ignorance".
But, you could be right that he is smarter than he acts and is taking many on a ride.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New he has a calm delivery. and most people who don't work around doc's think they are smart
Don't get me wrong I know some smart doctors but a lot of them outside treating a patient are dumber than rocks.
you can kill people for America at age 18 but need to be 21 to buy a beer
     Ben Carson, idiot savant - (gcareaga) - (3)
         He knows his audience. - (Another Scott) - (1)
             It could be "vincible ignorance". - (a6l6e6x)
         he has a calm delivery. and most people who don't work around doc's think they are smart - (boxley)

In conclusion, lithium in the water supply.
45 ms