IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New R.I.P. Mike Hammond

Mike Hammond, who co-founded computer maker Gateway in an Iowa farmhouse in 1985 and helped turn it into an American success story by shipping PCs straight to customers in boxes with a spotted-cow design, has died at age 53.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/ct-mike-hammond-gateway-obit-20151102-story.html

My Family PC, a Pentium 5-75 purchased from Gateway in the summer of 1995, still boots up. A testament to a guy whose company built a quality product.

Satan (impatiently) to Newcomer: The trouble with you Chicago people is, that you think you are the best people down here; whereas you are merely the most numerous.
- - - Mark Twain, "Pudd'nhead Wilson's New Calendar" 1897
New great for home, crap for business. They walled off upper memory in bios
you can kill people for America at age 18 but need to be 21 to buy a beer
New I don't remember them ever marketing to business
and it's not like their ads from 25 years ago are out on the Internet. I'd be very surprised if any do.

Satan (impatiently) to Newcomer: The trouble with you Chicago people is, that you think you are the best people down here; whereas you are merely the most numerous.
- - - Mark Twain, "Pudd'nhead Wilson's New Calendar" 1897
New must have, state government had them on a preffered vendor list at one time
you can kill people for America at age 18 but need to be 21 to buy a beer
New Re: R.I.P. Mike Hammond
My 2nd PC was a Gateway 486DX2-66 /w VLB.

Great machine.
     R.I.P. Mike Hammond - (lincoln) - (4)
         great for home, crap for business. They walled off upper memory in bios -NT - (boxley) - (2)
             I don't remember them ever marketing to business - (lincoln) - (1)
                 must have, state government had them on a preffered vendor list at one time -NT - (boxley)
         Re: R.I.P. Mike Hammond - (altmann)