IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Bacon, hot dogs and processed meats cause cancer, WHO says
http://www.pbs.org/newshour/rundown/red-meat-bacon-hot-dogs-processed-meats-cause-cancer-dangerous-smoking/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=pbsofficial&utm_campaign=newshour

Processed meat now falls into “group 1,” meaning it ranks as high as tobacco smoking, the most dangerous variants of human papillomavirus (HPV) and asbestos exposure in terms of causing cancer. Red meat lands in “group 2A” with inorganic lead.

Research in rodents and human tissue shows meat consumption increases the production of chemical compounds, including haem iron and its chemical byproduct N-nitroso-compounds (NOCs). NOCs cause oxidative damage to intestinal tissue that is carcinogenic. Curing meats elevates the levels of NOCs as well as carcinogenic compounds called polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons. Heating meat leads to the formation of heterocyclic aromatic amines, a known mutagen and cancer-causing agent.

“High-temperature cooking by pan-frying, grilling, or barbecuing generally produces the highest amounts of these chemicals,” the report states.
Regards,
-scott
Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.
New What does Doctor WHO say?
New "900 years of time and space, and I never got cancer from bacon."
Regards,
-scott
Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.
New Blasphemy! :)
Burn them at the stake.

But, try not to burn your steak.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New Or other marinades. I use Mojo Criollo.
Example on Amazon. Used to have to buy it in Florida, but now some grocery stores carry it here in SC.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
     Bacon, hot dogs and processed meats cause cancer, WHO says - (malraux) - (5)
         What does Doctor WHO say? -NT - (gcareaga) - (1)
             "900 years of time and space, and I never got cancer from bacon." -NT - (malraux)
         Blasphemy! :) - (a6l6e6x)
         Still want your grilled meat? Just add beer. - (malraux) - (1)
             Or other marinades. I use Mojo Criollo. - (a6l6e6x)

Yow!
66 ms