IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Is that story were plausible enough to pass the laugh test ...
... who the fuck would let geese hang around?
--

Drew
New Hey, back in Mozart's time . . .
. . many people kept geese around the house, for eggs and Christmas dinner. If you've never kept geese, and I have, you would know that they are ferocious guardians of their territory, and they consider their territory to be about 200 feet around wherever they happen to be right now.

That's European geese, not Chinese geese. My brother ordered white Chinese geese (you can recognise them from the big bump between beak and forhead). They were very docile and would sit on your lap and let you pet them.

I ordered Toulouse geese, a variety that looks exactly like the wild Greylag goose European domesticated geese are supposed to be descended from. They were ferocious. Tearing off a little kid's balls would just seem natural to them.

I developed a way to handle my flock. When they spotted me in "their territory" they would charge - always with the biggest, meanest goose in the lead. Just before he could bite, I would grab his neck, just behind the head. Now you can't just hold on to a goose, because he'd beat you all black and blue and bloody with his elbows (and wings that can fly a bird of that weight are very strong), so I'd then start swinging him around and around, using him as a club to drive off the rest of the flock. When they had backed off a respectable distance, I'd let go of the one I had by the neck so he'd land in the middle of the flock. It would take them long enough to re-organize I could run the hell out of there.

Someone on this site mentioned, some time back, that when you're eating your lunch in the park, and a Canada goose comes up wanting your sandwich, you give it to him.

Yeah, Chinese geese are wimps.
New That was me
And I didn't give them the sandwich, but definitely didn't stand there and argue about it.
--

Drew
     So I was reading an article about bass (sound) - (crazy) - (22)
         Not real famous, but . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
             Similarly... - (Another Scott)
         Nothing inherent to the sound - (drook) - (11)
             (Running an electric-'bass' is being a Synthesizer-Admin, not an Artist, I wot.) -NT - (Ashton) - (10)
                 I was thinking more like this - (drook) - (1)
                     Entwistle FTW. - (Another Scott)
                 The difference between an acoustic and an electric is amplification, not artistry. -NT - (malraux) - (7)
                     Yes and no - (drook) - (6)
                         I was referring to guitar and bass - (malraux) - (5)
                             He likes those metal thingies with valves. -NT - (Another Scott)
                             I weep for the attenuated definitions of 'music' and artistry, - (Ashton) - (3)
                                 I blame Sweden. - (Another Scott)
                                 Okay, okay! I'm getting off your lawn, alright? - (pwhysall) - (1)
                                     "I have the simplest of tastes - (Ashton)
         Why yess.. Bill Bell: mean Variations/Carnival of Venice; also for Mike: Russian! words/flugel-horn - (Ashton)
         It is cultural training. - (static) - (6)
             Yes, and castrati - (Andrew Grygus) - (5)
                 Is that story were plausible enough to pass the laugh test ... - (drook) - (2)
                     Hey, back in Mozart's time . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                         That was me - (drook)
                 Aye. Castrati were ... special. - (static) - (1)
                     Yes, that is so . . . - (Andrew Grygus)

It's spelled "LRPD", but it's pronounced "mumble"!
69 ms