IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New You have to be a savvy shopper.
I got a Canon Pixma PRO-100 from B&H a while ago when they were having a sale. It was $500 or so, and if you bought some fancy paper with it, you got a $400-$500 debit card as a rebate. So, it was basically free. Ink isn't cheap, of course, but you could basically get the for printer free if you looked around. I bought spare ink for it, but haven't needed to use it yet.

For routine color printing, we have a Lexmark CS410DN that works well and gives nice output. It hasn't needed refilling yet (though we don't use it a lot).

Yeah, if you're doing a lot of printing, hiring it out is usually a better option.

And < $100 color printers are a poor bargain, especially if it's not a Canon.

FWIW.

[edit:] Fixed dangling less-than sign which has bitten me before...

Cheers,
Scott.
Collapse Edited by Another Scott Oct. 23, 2015, 12:20:17 PM EDT
You have to be a savvy shopper.
I got a Canon Pixma PRO-100 from B&H a while ago when they were having a sale. It was $500 or so, and if you bought some fancy paper with it, you got a $400-$500 debit card as a rebate. So, it was basically free. Ink isn't cheap, of course, but you could basically get the for printer free if you looked around. I bought spare ink for it, but haven't needed to use it yet.

For routine color printing, we have a Lexmark CS410DN that works well and gives nice output. It hasn't needed refilling yet (though we don't use it a lot).

Yeah, if you're doing a lot of printing, hiring it out is usually a better option.

And
     Just got bit by HP's greed - (lincoln) - (10)
         dump black in all of the slots -NT - (boxley) - (1)
             HP printers see right through that - (pwhysall)
         Epson does - (scoenye) - (3)
             I bailed - (pwhysall) - (2)
                 You have to be a savvy shopper. - (Another Scott)
                 we rarely print colors - (lincoln)
         There are quite a few, actually - (malraux) - (1)
             Brother laser here too. ... cheap and effective -NT - (drook)
         I went through a couple of printers years ago. - (static) - (1)
             Canon found a way around that - (scoenye)

A base libel on toxic waste dumps everywhere.
57 ms