IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New I was a daily user for 5 years
Stopped smoking, tested daily, tested clean in 28 days. The daily test was from the dollar store. Once I passed that, I used an expensive test from the drug store and it was clean as well. This test was the same one the local legal system uses. Maybe a gcms test would find it, but no one uses them except to disprove a false positive.
New Not ever having been a member of that particular sub-culture, I've no idea.
But I'd expect an organization devoted to promoting marijuana use would be disinclined to inaccurately advise their followers (guppies?) of the efficacy of tests. YMMV.
New I'm going to regret this
They aren't devoted to promoting marijuana use. They're devoted to promoting the reform of marijuana laws. It's kind of in the name.
--

Drew
New I shouldn't bite, but WTH?
What is the purpose of changing the law if not to re-classify use as normative? Is not seeking to re-classify forbidden behavior as acceptable behavior promoting the behavior? Or at the very least, promoting the acceptability of the behavior? IMO, you're splitting hairs.
New The behavior is normative for a substantial portion of the population
Their goal is to keep themselves from going to jail. It has nothing to do with promoting the activity to others.
They don't sell anything, they no profit motive, and if they are successful, they cease to exist.
New Anything not prohibited is mandatory?
--

Drew
New Anything not prohibited is acceptable. FIFY.
New "permit" != "promote"
--

Drew
New Unless what you're permitting had previously been banned.
New Suppose you are standing in a hole
You have a shovel. You could be shoveling more dirt out of the hole, you could be shoveling dirt back into the hole, or you could just be standing there leaning on the shovel.

If you are shoveling dirt out of the hole and then stop, are you now filling the hole back in?
--

Drew
New Anything prohibited is acceptable FIFY. anything prohibited is irrational fear of the ruling class
that the peasants will learn than doing what the autocrats do is not harmful
you can kill people for America at age 18 but need to be 21 to buy a beer
New Headline: "Pot Edibles Safer Than Taking Selfies" ;-)
Regards,
-scott
Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.
New Another headline: First two deaths confirmed.
“To our knowledge, these are the first cases of suspected fatal cannabis intoxications where full post-mortem investigations… were carried out,” researchers said in the study, published in Forensic Science International this month. “After exclusion of other causes of death we assume that the young men experienced fatal cardiovascular complications evoked by smoking cannabis.”

http://time.com/10372/marijuana-deaths-german-study/

The closer you look, the worse it gets.
New My point being it's a useless statistic
Compare it to other things and then make a determination about how dangerous it may be.

Everything is dangerous. How many people die choking on chicken bones vs. eating a pot brownie, per 1000 instances of use? You need proper relative rates before you can say "oh god its so dangerous halp the poor peeples".
Regards,
-scott
New That's not my objection.
My objection is to the HUGE crowd of "Pot never killed anyone" propagandists. See one-liner below.
New Alcohol responsible for 1 in 7 deaths among CO adults
--

Drew
New In other news: Smoking never killed anyone. Nobody ever died from an overdose of cigarettes.
New stating a fact doesnt help. If you quit smoking at 14yo and died at 97, it was from tobacco
New BBC: Lancet - 1/3 of young men in China will die from smoking if they don't quit.
BBC News:

A new study has warned that a third of all men currently under the age of 20 in China will eventually die prematurely if they do not give up smoking.

The research, published in The Lancet medical journal, says two-thirds of men in China now start to smoke before 20.

Around half of those men will die from the habit, it concludes.

The scientists conducted two nationwide studies, 15 years apart, covering hundreds of thousands of people.

In 2010, around one million people in China died from tobacco usage. But researchers say that if current trends continue, that will double to two million people - mostly men - dying every year by 2030, making it a "growing epidemic of premature death".

While more than half of Chinese men smoke, only 2.4% of Chinese women do.

The study was conducted by scientists from Oxford University, the Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences and the Chinese Center for Disease Control.

But co-author Richard Peto said there was hope - if people can be persuaded to quit.

"The key to avoid this huge wave of deaths is cessation, and if you are a young man, don't start," he said.

Analysis: Celia Hatton, BBC News, Beijing

In many parts of China, meals often fit a comfortable pattern. After putting down their chopsticks, men commonly push their chairs back from the table and light cigarettes. No wonder China has struggled to impose a smoking ban in public places. Here, relationships are often built amid clouds of smoke.

Expensive brands of cigarettes, often decorated with gold detailing on the cartons, are given as gifts. And ordinary brands are affordable to all but the very poor, costing just 2.5 yuan ($0.4; £0.25) a pack.

In a country where smoking is so ingrained in daily life, few understand the harmful effects of tobacco use. According to the World Health Organization, only 25% of Chinese adults can list the specific health hazards of smoking, from lung cancer to heart disease.

Perhaps it should come as no surprise, then, that only 10% of Chinese smokers quit by choice. Instead, most are forced to give up their cigarettes because they're too sick to continue.

[...]

FWIW.

Cheers,
Scott.
New I bet you the Party owns the tobacco farms.
Not much motivation to cut their income from being nicotine pushers.

But, the taxes need to be cranked up to cover the medical care.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New Wrong
http://msutoday.msu.edu/news/2008/case-links-woman/

And that took me 5 minutes to find. Imagine if I really went digging.
--

Drew
Expand Edited by drook Oct. 6, 2015, 03:12:49 PM EDT
New Fail.
New She doesn't count?
--

Drew
New She didn't die from smoking cigarettes, did she?
Besides that, if her asthma was triggered by smoke, it's exceedingly unlikely that the origin of the smoke made any difference.
New Your examples ...
Self-inflicted gunshot.

Jump from a balcony.

Murder.

None of them died from smoking marijuana. Hell, the third one it's not even the the dead guy who was smoking, and he was mixing pot with prescription meds.
--

Drew
New Plus, you can die from eating nicotine
Some guy in the UK committed suicide with vape refills, as a matter of fact.
Regards,
-scott
New however it works well on hemmoroids
New Sounds about as safe as an alcohol enema.
Regards,
-scott
New works better than anything else on the market
copenhagen or redman works best.
New You certainly can..
It's right up there with the most pestiferous alkaloids (in my ancient Manual of Pharmacology.)
A drop or two of the pure substance--applied to a mucous membrane--was said (elsewhere) to be fatal to a med. dog sized creature. But the usually quite dilute 'vape'-grade stuff, and via stomach? sounds like a way to go gradually and painfully. aka Dumb.

Jeez ... go out super-calmly: just OD on diacetyl-morphine aka heroin. People won't even do a little chem homework on what to use for your very-last dose of anything. Be lazy/so suffer.
     now if they put a hotel on the property, it is on my way to work - (boxley) - (36)
         Welp, partakers better avoid pee tests for 3 months after visiting. - (mmoffitt) - (34)
             30 days for weed - (boxley) - (32)
                 California NORML says up to 100 days for regular users. - (mmoffitt) - (31)
                     I was a daily user for 5 years - (crazy) - (30)
                         Not ever having been a member of that particular sub-culture, I've no idea. - (mmoffitt) - (29)
                             I'm going to regret this - (drook) - (28)
                                 I shouldn't bite, but WTH? - (mmoffitt) - (27)
                                     The behavior is normative for a substantial portion of the population - (crazy)
                                     Anything not prohibited is mandatory? -NT - (drook) - (25)
                                         Anything not prohibited is acceptable. FIFY. -NT - (mmoffitt) - (24)
                                             "permit" != "promote" -NT - (drook) - (2)
                                                 Unless what you're permitting had previously been banned. -NT - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                                                     Suppose you are standing in a hole - (drook)
                                             Anything prohibited is acceptable FIFY. anything prohibited is irrational fear of the ruling class - (boxley) - (20)
                                                 Hmmm. Irrational fear? - (mmoffitt) - (19)
                                                     Headline: "Pot Edibles Safer Than Taking Selfies" ;-) -NT - (malraux) - (3)
                                                         Another headline: First two deaths confirmed. - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                                                             My point being it's a useless statistic - (malraux) - (1)
                                                                 That's not my objection. - (mmoffitt)
                                                     Alcohol responsible for 1 in 7 deaths among CO adults - (drook) - (14)
                                                         In other news: Smoking never killed anyone. Nobody ever died from an overdose of cigarettes. -NT - (mmoffitt) - (13)
                                                             stating a fact doesnt help. If you quit smoking at 14yo and died at 97, it was from tobacco -NT - (boxley) - (2)
                                                                 BBC: Lancet - 1/3 of young men in China will die from smoking if they don't quit. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                                                     I bet you the Party owns the tobacco farms. - (a6l6e6x)
                                                             Wrong - (drook) - (9)
                                                                 Fail. -NT - (mmoffitt) - (8)
                                                                     She doesn't count? -NT - (drook) - (7)
                                                                         She didn't die from smoking cigarettes, did she? - (mmoffitt) - (6)
                                                                             Your examples ... - (drook) - (5)
                                                                                 Plus, you can die from eating nicotine - (malraux) - (4)
                                                                                     however it works well on hemmoroids -NT - (boxley) - (2)
                                                                                         Sounds about as safe as an alcohol enema. -NT - (malraux) - (1)
                                                                                             works better than anything else on the market - (boxley)
                                                                                     You certainly can.. - (Ashton)
             So I visited your link which led to this - (crazy)
         If it's lucrative, it will be replicated at other more convenient reservations. -NT - (a6l6e6x)

As seen on TV!
172 ms