IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New E. O. Wilson explains the tribal aspects of homo-sap and the consequences
of our myopic focus solely upon our own species. ANTS prove to be the litmus test of his theses re 'programmed automatons'--which ants are--as these qualities manifest in our own repetitive idiocies
[aka, though he didn't use the phrase, If it walks like a duck, thinks like a duck ... cha. cha. cha.] PBS natch; we know what pap is on the $Biz channels and this wouldn't sell many shiny toys.
E.O. Wilson - of Ants and Men
Duration: 1:56:46 STEREO TVPG
Examine the remarkable life and groundbreaking ideas of biologist E.O Wilson, founder of the discipline of sociobiology, world authority on insects and Pulitzer-prize winning writer on the subject of human nature.
While it may not be All ye need to Know, Our 2000-2015 behaviour planet-wide evidently can be predicted via the parallels he describes, from his own new science-niche and his studies since a precocious tyke-hood. So many fine minds, their output submerged beneath the institutionalized pure-crap ('music' or words) that is our modrin meeja. This does not bode well--our tribal performance--for meeting the challenges already we can see looming, since Our ability to change course in any significant way/in any time-span shorter than n-generations: makes the Titanic's handling characteristics seem about like a PT-boat.

Haven't yet searched for alt-viewing drill. For the vast majority completely unaware of w.t.f. sociobiology might be, I'd say he answers that pretty well in a mere two hours. He's getting a bit long-in-the-tooth, so this special sounds like a final attempt to waken some sleepwalkers [denial's the word] before the ISIS pitch for Luddites R-Us renders a whole bunch of hopeless millennials completely incapable of original thought. (just my W.A.G.)

PS: he doesn't buy Dawkins' The Selfish Gene {discussed within.}
PPS: I believe that, combined with whatever is the lasting fallout (??) of The Bitchin Pope's un-minced words to masses and Elites: the standard cop-out of our tribe (a supercilious non-participation! ..in any next) won't fly This Time. If you See the stakes and are content to just smirk and watch the proles Blow It? I predict: Thou shalt become Shunned. Egos don't Like Shun. Right?

Carrion ... a problem whether you think he makes his case or doesn't. As another sage observed recently, Don't believe everything you think..

Duress.. our performance under-that? had best exceed all previous rising-to-occasions ... and without any beneficent robot like *Gort to assist. We have no idea how to build the one in

* The Day the Earth Stood Still. Klaatu was played by Michael Rennie; don't recall who inhabited the Gort-suit. 1951==nukes had just happened. Same existential Qs as today's. Went ^Zooom^ then.
(Since Muy (HS chem teacher) and I saw it on first release, am especially missing his presence/and piano virtuosity too) as the species approaches its first/maybe Last? genuine Adult-test.
New hmm, saw that on the guide last night. Will now watch it if I see it again
you can kill people for America at age 18 but need to be 21 to buy a beer
     E. O. Wilson explains the tribal aspects of homo-sap and the consequences - (Ashton) - (1)
         hmm, saw that on the guide last night. Will now watch it if I see it again -NT - (boxley)

I have, if not a full ink, at least an inkling.
31 ms