IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New At least things are labeled nowadays.
I remember my Mom buying things at a butcher in NYC that were barely or totally unlabeled. No description of what it was or what was in it. You just had to know yourself not to mention know the butcher too.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New Over at the famous "Farmer's Market" near Fairfax . . .
. . many years ago. It wasn't anything like what we call a "farmers market" today. It was in a heavily Jewish district, and very, very New York.

Say you wanted oranges. There was a booth with a display of really nice oranges. No way were you allowed to touch those oranges. You told the merchant how many you wanted, and he'd pick them out of a box behind the display, and hand them to you in a closed bag.

I think if anyone tried that today, he'd get his display turned over, with him on the underside.
     Seeing as I now live in a Koreatown . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (8)
         You should've told her "I eat anything", -NT - (static)
         At least things are labeled nowadays. - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
             Over at the famous "Farmer's Market" near Fairfax . . . - (Andrew Grygus)
         leave out the noodles you would have boudin -NT - (boxley) - (4)
             Without the noodles . . . - (Andrew Grygus)
             Boudin is pig's blood, though. -NT - (scoenye) - (2)
                 That is certainly true . . . - (Andrew Grygus)
                 when they are not made with shrimp, crawdads or alligator. -NT - (boxley)

Chinese Bookmarks of DOOM!
66 ms