IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New I would...
The OBDII tests are government mandated and defined extensively in formal specifications. There is not a "show firmware version" command or api in the spec. That would have to be in the proprietary tests that are done however the manufacturer wants, eg. Oil Life Remaining; every manufacturer can do that any way they want or not at all. The Germans, in particular, are very fussy about turning over ANY of their proprietary tests. Considering that it would probably take 10 years to get a complete sign off on OBDII specification changes, the settlement will probably be along the lines of "Do you promise to fix it? Soon? Pinky-swear? OK, then... done deal"
My 0.02
"Religion, n. A daughter of Hope and Fear, explaining to Ignorance the nature of the Unknowable."
~ AMBROSE BIERCE
(1842-1914)
New Ok. Thanks. It'll be interesting to see what they do.
     hmm, maybe its time to buy a vw diesel - (boxley) - (14)
         Good point, VW will pay a fine but what happens to the owners? -NT - (drook) - (13)
             no discounts on atlanta.craigslist.org maybe the news story was urban legend -NT - (boxley)
             A recall has started. - (static) - (11)
                 actually sounds like an opportunity for a software release -NT - (boxley)
                 They've got to prove the cars comply with EPA rules. - (Another Scott) - (9)
                     But how will they verify? Would it be a voluntary recall? - (drook) - (8)
                         Vee have vays of making you cooperate! - (Another Scott) - (7)
                             Feds'll have to strongarm the states for that - (scoenye) - (6)
                                 Can you say "unfunded mandate"? - (drook) - (4)
                                     I wouldn't be surprised if it goes something like this. - (Another Scott) - (2)
                                         I would... - (hnick) - (1)
                                             Ok. Thanks. It'll be interesting to see what they do. -NT - (Another Scott)
                                     I do. Can the Tea Party? -NT - (scoenye)
                                 :-) Good points. - (Another Scott)

I am LRPD of Borg. Refreshing is useless. You will be addicted.
60 ms