IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New DeLong on Peak Horse.
http://www.bradford-delong.com/2015/09/highlighted-the-history-of-technological-anxiety-and-the-future-of-economic-growth-is-this-time-different.html

Some good things to think about.

I agree that this time may be different, at least in the developed world. But it doesn't have to be, and even if it is, the rest of the world isn't going to have hoverboards, self-driving cars, and fully automated checkouts anytime soon.

Maybe the unemployed will move?

We need to watch this carefully and realize that we do control a good part of our destiny future.

Cheers,
Scott.
Expand Edited by Another Scott Sept. 25, 2015, 01:15:33 PM EDT
New STOP THAT! YOU ARE TOO BRIGHT FOR THAT!
One cannot "control one's destiny" nor any part of it. If you can affect it in any way, it ain't your destiny.
New ;-p Thanks.
New That was my late father's pet peeve. That post was in his memory. ;0)
New :-)
New file that sucker along with his projections on peak oil 2002
you can kill people for America at age 18 but need to be 21 to buy a beer
New My Star Trek Hypothesis
The world of Star Trek has cheap, limitless power, and the ability to turn that power into any physical goods they want. There seems to be no need for anyone to work who doesn't want to.

Somewhere between the present and that fictional future there had to be massive and painful societal change. That would make an interesting story.
--

Drew
     DeLong on Peak Horse. - (Another Scott) - (6)
         STOP THAT! YOU ARE TOO BRIGHT FOR THAT! - (mmoffitt) - (3)
             ;-p Thanks. -NT - (Another Scott) - (2)
                 That was my late father's pet peeve. That post was in his memory. ;0) -NT - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                     :-) -NT - (Another Scott)
         file that sucker along with his projections on peak oil 2002 -NT - (boxley)
         My Star Trek Hypothesis - (drook)

It is known desire. They are totally delicious!
42 ms