IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Nope!
Should've been paying attention. I believe Conrad made that point clear quite awhile ago in conversations :)
Jay O'Connor

"Going places unmapped
to do things unplanned
to people unsuspecting"
New Semi possible
Delphi 6 includes CLX, so if you don't use stuff specific to a particular OS (e.g. Windows only ActiVex controls) it should be possible to have a common code base with a few (hopefully only a few) differences.

I may be needing to write some configuration programs for serial-interfaced devices, and it'd be nice to have the same code base for both Linux and Windows -- and yes, I would want to support both OS's. I think this could be done in Kylix 1.0 and Delphi 6.0, but won't know for sure until I try it.

Tony
New What he said.
Only even better than "semi"-possible.

I've read reports that if you use pretty much just the most basic components, porting from Delphi 5 to Kylix was just a few code corrections.

Between Delphi 6 and Kylix, it should be only the names of a few units in the uses clause.

In both cases, a couple of ifdefs per unit file should make your code cross-platform.
   Christian R. Conrad
The Man Who Knows Fucking Everything
New What!!
In both cases, a couple of ifdefs per unit file should make your code cross-platform

Sheesh..I thought we'd outgrown C++ by now...
Jay O'Connor

"Going places unmapped
to do things unplanned
to people unsuspecting"
New Ob-AYBABTU
What you say!!!
-YendorMike

"The problems of the world cannot possibly be solved by the skeptics or the cynics whose horizons are limited by the obvious realities. We need people who dream of things that never were." - John F. Kennedy
New What!!
In both cases, a couple of ifdefs per unit file should make your code cross-platform

Sheesh..I thought we'd outgrown C++ by now...
Jay O'Connor

"Going places unmapped
to do things unplanned
to people unsuspecting"
New Dunno if they got that from C++...
My guess would be, from plain C. (Doesn't that have it too?)

Then of course, that'll only have Jay go even *more* "I thought we'd outgrown that by now"! :-)
   Christian R. Conrad
The Man Who Knows Fucking Everything
     Kylix Open Edition - Linux only? - (inthane-chan) - (9)
         Well, yeah, obviously. - (CRConrad) - (8)
             I was hoping... - (inthane-chan) - (7)
                 Nope! - (Fearless Freep) - (6)
                     Semi possible - (tonytib) - (5)
                         What he said. - (CRConrad) - (4)
                             What!! - (Fearless Freep) - (1)
                                 Ob-AYBABTU - (Yendor)
                             What!! - (Fearless Freep) - (1)
                                 Dunno if they got that from C++... - (CRConrad)

On trumpet: Peter O'Toole!
64 ms