IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New that is a very sad employment figure
http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/terence-p-jeffrey/21955000-12329000-government-employees-outnumber-manufacturing
21,995,000 to 12,329,000: Government Employees Outnumber Manufacturing Employees 1.8 to 1
you can kill people for America at age 18 but need to be 21 to buy a beer
New Yabut you have to add all Chinese, Vietnamese, Mexicans, Malaysians, etc. working for US firms, too.
New Had the same thought! :)
But, also, some of the charts should have been as a percentage of the total US population. Manufacturing is down way more than it appears. Public sector employment has to at least rise with population growth.

Things change and a world economy is upon us. One of the largest US companies and part of the 30 Dow Jones Industrial Average was United States Leather Company. Hear about it lately? Not too many buggy whip manufacturers either.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New Who cares who they're working for?
Are we buying from them? Then they're employed in manufacturing "in our economy".
--

Drew
New gotta get my eyes checked again
was wondering why the government was considered the manufacturing sector when I rechecked the alignment
you can kill people for America at age 18 but need to be 21 to buy a beer
     that is a very sad employment figure - (boxley) - (4)
         Yabut you have to add all Chinese, Vietnamese, Mexicans, Malaysians, etc. working for US firms, too. -NT - (mmoffitt) - (3)
             Had the same thought! :) - (a6l6e6x)
             Who cares who they're working for? - (drook) - (1)
                 gotta get my eyes checked again - (boxley)

Let's face it: you can't Torquemada anything!
40 ms