IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Security on anything is simple.
Depends on what you're willing to give up. "Security at the expense of usability comes at the expense of security."
Regards,
-scott
Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.
New That's a good quite. An LRPDism, even.
New Known as "AviD's Rule Of Usability"
http://security.stackexchange.com/questions/6095/xkcd-936-short-complex-password-or-long-dictionary-passphrase/6116#6116

It echoes what other security experts have been saying for a while, but in a nice taut phrase.
Regards,
-scott
Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.
Expand Edited by malraux Aug. 24, 2015, 09:13:43 AM EDT
New !Muchas gracias, Señor! A keeper all around
..and perfect illustration of the computer/human dichotomy, on several scales. Must be passed around: know several with minimal formal math but insightful-wired jelloware ..and virtuoso BS-detectors.

(Will also bet that they will see the elegance of this koan--as do I--as a fine rebuttal to the pecksniffery oft imposed from on-high, not only in bizness hierarchies. Our culture creates entirely too-many autodidacts who imagine that their one skill-set will suffice for all decisions.)

Carrion.. sometimes it's tasty ;^>
New Reminds me of what 3 Words
http://what3words.com/ (mentioned here earlier - by you perhaps? ;-)

ExplainXKCD has more.

Cheers,
Scott.
New “The best navigation idea since the tube map”
What first-time traveler to Old Blighty/especially Londinium.. has Not brought back a bitchin small or HYARGE Map of the Tubes aka Underground? All ye need to know is right There, for train changes and coming Stops.

(Mine was a "dish towel" thingy, colorful and all, which for years has been the dust-cover draped over the workbench scope ... fond remembrance of events in Stoke Newington, driving on the Wrong-side and ... )

That it can be transliterated and that name combos have a degree of self-checking for typo or other errata, seems a giant bonus.

WHEN then , do the 1%? 0.1%? Smart People begin rolling out this System--not just makin Attagirl sounds--as for a jillion other CleverLad gifts to the zeitgeist? A worldwide military budget on a crash-diet could fund such simple matters instantly. (Except that nobody yet has an inkling of the cure for Sabre-rattling-Fever.. eg. Exhibit #1: any excrescences with the word Iran embedded somewhere.
New Cool link.
(Also I note they bump up against one of my pet hates about idiotic password controls: other than a very generous length (like over 100), you should accept _any_ character a user can post as a password. Including spaces, accented characters, obscure mathematical symbols or Chinese glyphs.)

Wade.
     Ah, for the good old days - (malraux) - (23)
         Get your head examined -NT - (drook) - (1)
             Re: Get your head examined - (malraux)
         ..and even the MicroSoftie who infamously stated, - (Ashton) - (4)
             Dale Ross. - (Another Scott) - (3)
                 Amusingly... - (malraux) - (1)
                     rofl. - (Another Scott)
                 Yup, carried in jelloware until the last expulsion-try, of useless stuff -NT - (Ashton)
         security on phones is simple - (boxley) - (10)
             ... and wrap it in aluminum foil. -NT - (Another Scott) - (2)
                 Copper mesh. -NT - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                     Mr. Faraday doesn't much care, I don't think. :-) -NT - (Another Scott)
             Security on anything is simple. - (malraux) - (6)
                 That's a good quite. An LRPDism, even. -NT - (static) - (5)
                     Known as "AviD's Rule Of Usability" - (malraux) - (4)
                         !Muchas gracias, Señor! A keeper all around - (Ashton)
                         Reminds me of what 3 Words - (Another Scott) - (1)
                             “The best navigation idea since the tube map” - (Ashton)
                         Cool link. - (static)
         I don't miss the invective. - (static) - (4)
             This one started out that way. - (malraux) - (3)
                 eh, I got intel apple running on a dell lapper a few years back - (boxley) - (1)
                     Or want to. </me ducks> -NT - (mmoffitt)
                 I applaud your persistence. -NT - (static)

Altered daily unreality.
87 ms