Since iStat-Pro seems healthy (chatter notwithstanding) I don't see how this mini-version appeals. Yet.. 'Seems' in that it displays sane data, verifiable via Sys. Info. Of course, with all the yammering, preps of new betas for developers etc. one day next it might just not pop-Up. I expect its author will find a way 'round Apple arbitrariness, (lest there be mobs/torches in Cupertino.) Will watch for a new release.

Next to decipher: where the sensors for the two Northbridge inputs are attached, assume it's Si tech of standard sort: and keep those/too below 130ish °F, just because. Thermodynamics ..the nag that bites many an ass.

Ah well, trying to decipher most Console messages is a fool's errand (as Greg tried to convince moi, early on ) but I've still looked at enough to discern routine -vs- strangeness. RIP Greg; nobody ever knoze what suffering occurs in others' jelloware, as was also timely recalled yesterday. :-/

Wired.. Mosaic.. PineMail! ... out-geeking the Unix-Pros at IU/Bloomington: to get Cyrillic into e-mails for my friend and her classmates. Starting from scratch, I was amazed at how easy was the hack, solved by just Man unix and w.t.f. 'Home' meant. Amazing shit so far, from PDP-8s on through Northbridge-y things. (And I didn't much like programming as any avocation, either!) Maybe its just ego gratification that attaches to Boolean exercises: 'Solved!' gets brownie points/endorphins.

We're such robots.. no wonder the demagogues can pander to vanity in the vastly-inept ... (just by repeatedly telling them how smart they are?)