Seriously. It's what operating systems should be like.

My PC boots from cold to lock screen in 12 seconds. Right-click on the start button for the best menu in the world ever (or press Win-X). Pin everything to the taskbar like you did in 7, and have a start menu that doesn't live in a ridiculous tiny little box like Windows 7, but which also lets you pin all your stuff to it.

Gripes: not enough differentiation between the active window and the rest. Focus is weird and inconsistent; even UAC windows can popup UNDER everything else, which is obviously less than ideal. Edge isn't finished, although it already spanks everything else for speed. When it gets extensions (coming RSN) and therefore adblock, it'll be just adorable.

Back to good stuff. Edge has a dark theme. IT HAS A DARK THEME. (As does Office 2016, which is a pleasing change from the "Bright, really bright, or retina-searing" choices 2013 gave)

In fact, my Windows 10 is agreeably dark throughout, although the white background of the Settings app can go DIAF.

Similarly, I'm hearing that OS X 10.10 and the upcoming 10.11 are brighter than the surface of the sun, although you can make the menu bar dark.

Amusingly, for a piece of software that comes from a company that is moving all its devices to high-DPI, iTunes doesn't have a fucking clue what to do with a high-resolution display on Windows. You have a choice - fuzzy as hell, or Just Wrong.

tl;dr for AS: JFDI - you'll be fine.