IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Indeed.
Yes, Steve had strong opinions about too many things, and OS X had and has some weird limitations as a result.

An old friend at work was the group Mac expert. He ordered and set up one of the 1U Servers that Apple was selling for a while. He would tell occasional stories about how upgrading to the latest version of OS X would break all kinds of server-y things - unfortunately I've forgotten the details. The clear implication was that they didn't bother to test the changes because they figured nobody would do that...

Over the weekend J was trying to remember how to (effectively) duplicate a music CD. I got her a copy of "Toast" to do that a few years ago, but I vaguely recalled that iTunes has a way to do it. Naturally, there have been so many changes to iTunes over the years that the cheat sheets one can find don't seem to apply any more. And it's not at all obvious how one does it through the menus now. I ended up clicking and poking to explore a little and did my usual, "Command-Click", "Option-Click", "Shift-Click" exploration and an extensive menu popped up for one of them. "How did you do that??" - she said. She's been using Macs since her grad-school days and still has to relearn stuff because Apple continuously hides functionality away in their attempt to make things "easy"... She eventually got it done, but I always dread when she wants to make a CD because it always involves an hour or two of wasted time and increasing frustration, and it's always a little different from the time before.

Oh well. If they weren't continuing to change it, nobody would buy machines to run new versions I guess...

Cheers,
Scott.
New Oh I know the upgrade problem.
I use a Bluetooth mouse on my work MBP. This worked perfectly on 10.8 (Mountain Lion). However, Apple, in their infinite wisdom, did something to the BT stack for Mavericks. Now it has trouble re-connecting to the mouse upon wakeup unless the mouse is already on, as well as other re-connection bugs. I found evidence that Apple are *actively ignoring* the problem. They just don't fucking care. And no-one can even figure out why.

Wade.
New Yup. :-/
     Mac OS X Yosemite (re Ashton) - (rcareaga) - (14)
         Yosemite has some defaults that annoy J. - (Another Scott) - (7)
             Apple design has some ... holes. - (static) - (5)
                 I would have thought that NextStep (or NEXTSTEP or whatever) had it. - (Another Scott) - (4)
                     It's a complicated problem. - (static) - (3)
                         Indeed. - (Another Scott) - (2)
                             Oh I know the upgrade problem. - (static) - (1)
                                 Yup. :-/ -NT - (Another Scott)
             Windows 10 is the *tits* - (pwhysall)
         Agreed that, it's a bit early and something of a teapot in a (Pontiac) Tempest - (Ashton) - (5)
             re iStat Pro - you can still get it. - (Another Scott) - (2)
                 Thanks, al punte. - (Ashton)
                 Wired! - (rcareaga)
             Don't fall in the root hole... - (scoenye) - (1)
                 Whoops. -NT - (Another Scott)

Why do you hate 16 ton weights?
47 ms