IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 1 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Android M claimed to have "full support" for BlueTooth styluseses
Android Police:

David Ruddock AP Staff Dierkdk • 2 hours ago
You're clearly big on styluses, so here's a question for you: would you switch to a non-stylus phone once Android has full support for Bluetooth styluses (which it will in M)?

I imagine pinpoint accuracy is a little less important for notetaking, and I don't think these phones ever took off with "artists" and the visual design crowd the way Samsung hoped they would. Most people say they use them for notes, as far as I can tell.

A BT stylus would allow you to choose any phone you want. Sounds like a better option to me, but I don't use a stylus.
• Reply•Share ›

Daggett Beaver David Ruddock • 40 minutes ago
I'm big on the stylus, too. All other things being equal, I'd switch. But they'd have to be equal -- same accuracy, same powerful pen apps and features, etc., and I'd want some way to keep the pen in or on the phone without it being a pain.
• Reply•Share ›

Dierkdk David Ruddock • an hour ago
Would depend on the accuracy / functionality of the bluetooth stylus - which might vary from device to device.
The appeal of the SPen is that it is much more Precise than any of the styli (? Plural ?) we tried on plain-old Android phones. (That is: any Non-Note series phone).

Coming from a PDA / Windows Mobile background, it seemed odd that Android devices did NOT "automatically" come with styli! The after market ones that we tried were no more precise than using a FINGER. (Although admittedly Less Greasy!)

My stand is that "I gave up Finger Painting after the age of 5" - so naturally the Note series is the only way to go!

Also: even IF the functionality of the S-Pen (with Accuracy / Precision leading) is duplicated by an after-market, the Note still would have the advantage of built-in storage....
• Reply•Share ›

Pablo Romo David Ruddock • an hour ago
Which BT Stylus? There is no one decent yet for Android.
• Reply•Share ›

NexusKoolaid David Ruddock • 2 hours ago
Two words - palm rejection. I want writing on a phone or tablet to feel just like writing on a sheet of paper. For me that means the side of my hand sometimes rests on the screen. Bluetooth stylus, s-pen, or whatever - I want the device to know the difference between the stylus and my hand so I don't have to hold the pen in an unnatural fashion.
1 • Reply•Share ›

The Note 5 sounds interesting, but it's being panned by the regulars there. Coming to Android from a Palm PDA, I've always wanted to be able to use a decent stylus with my phone, but haven't wanted to spend that much money for a Note X. Perhaps Android M will answer my prayers.

Naturally, picking a stylus isn't like falling off a log yet either.

Cheers,
Scott.
New Interesting.
The stylus that comes with the Surface Pro 3 is Bluetooth. I keep forgetting about it because it doesn't have a hidey-hole in the tablet to store it.

I haven't tried the handwriting interface with it. Let's see. Okay that's not too bad. Bit slower than I'd expect but the ink is responsive. My Newton Messagepad was never that good at my terrible handwriting! But it was that fast at reading the pen. You do need that part to be fast; laggy inking is a bad experience.

The stylus on the Newton was extremely responsive partly because all the smarts were in the screen. I seem to recall the Surface could have a second touch layer that responds only to the stylus. Android tablets that expect to support stylii might have to do that. I could be wrong.

Wade.
     Android M claimed to have "full support" for BlueTooth styluseses - (Another Scott) - (1)
         Interesting. - (static)

It's a lady. No it's not. Her hair is E.T.
95 ms