IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Vincents again. It's everywhere ... Plus a parked pukka Norton Manx
Some old farts pissing about in what seems a junkyard--rilly stupid place to see/use? a Black Lightning--but anyway it claims to be one of the ~32 actual factory Black Lightnings, as opposed to countless "upgraded" Shadows. Dunno how many of those ever got road lights/dynamo etc. and also retained the straight pipes. The Manx just sits there, for a comparo I guess. Glad I got to sample one of those, too.

Er, oblig, {{sniff}} Lucky moi.. ... accidentally to have gotten-in with a Ticket to Ride--well before the song title--in the closing years of expensive-Vincents and the continuing Glory Days of Brit motorbikes, all while in L.A. area, where all the action was, from the MIlne Brohers to Rollie Free, Marty Dickerson (of the world's fastest [500 cc) Vincent Grey Flash ..finished to concours standards.

And all as a Std. grade impoverished student, landing on a barely broken-in Shadow, doubling the HP/torque in one swell foop. I attribute my escaping of the full-bore Stupid-trap to a first grokking to fullness that, pain hurts ... and the healing cowardice which results.

Who'd a thunk, in '52 when my specimen was being assembled by a few guys, that--63 years later! a bunch of singers + transistorized guitars would vie with the original version of Vincent 1952 for variants (some enunciating the lyrics and damping the gee-tar so's you can ackshully hear the words! about the Red-headed Girl (and this most-likely-Not some street-ready Lightning.))
See the list of clones at end; note the pic is of a Series B prolly Rapide, no Lightning either; about par for the music genre fact-check, I guess.

But w.t.f. it's about romance, the girl and the bike too; put 'em both together: and it gets lots more ink than yer new 200 mph {yawn} Kawasaki rice-rocket, eh?

Love. It.

Vrooom ... fun to live through, but an Oops can spawn a lousy epitaph, eh? ;^>
New :-) Thanks.
     Vincents again. It's everywhere ... Plus a parked pukka Norton Manx - (Ashton) - (1)
         :-) Thanks. -NT - (Another Scott)

Ahead one third!
29 ms