IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New hayward fault line due to go any day now, hope rand has some supplies on hand
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 59 years. meep
New "be prepared"??
How do you prepare for everything east of the Rockies sinking under the Atlantic?
"Religion, n. A daughter of Hope and Fear, explaining to Ignorance the nature of the Unknowable."
~ AMBROSE BIERCE
(1842-1914)
New I hope you mean "west"
Wait, you did say "Atlantic". Hold on, got to go read that link.
--

Drew
Expand Edited by drook July 22, 2015, 07:48:26 AM EDT
New Well, media usually gets everything backwards, so...
besides, I've been waiting for this for 40 years or so...
"Religion, n. A daughter of Hope and Fear, explaining to Ignorance the nature of the Unknowable."
~ AMBROSE BIERCE
(1842-1914)
Expand Edited by hnick July 22, 2015, 12:24:51 PM EDT
New "Be Prepared"

Satan (impatiently) to Newcomer: The trouble with you Chicago people is, that you think you are the best people down here; whereas you are merely the most numerous.
- - - Mark Twain, "Pudd'nhead Wilson's New Calendar" 1897
New PSA: As usual, don't read the comments. :-/
New I wouldn't have but for your warning ... thanks for nothin'
--

Drew
New Funny how that works! :-) (But, zooks, there are some broken trolls there.)
New Yeah, I made that mistake.
There's a lot of wishing for people they don't like to get their "comeuppance", which actually means death or severe injury. Not a pleasant thing to contemplate.
Regards,
-scott
Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.
New So hold on a minute
By their logic, if the earthquake *doesn't* happen, God approves.
--

Drew
New "Logic"...
No, oh no. God never approves. It just means that he intends on visiting justice upon them in some other fashion, like, say, a big drought. Or wildfires. Or Nancy Pelosi. You know how it goes.
Regards,
-scott
Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.
New The Hayward Fault
Late to the party here.

The Hayward Fault has been due to let go "any day now" since 1998. The geological record indicates that the interval between major spasms averages 130 years, and the last time it let go big-time was 1868. The record also indicates that it has slumbered for as long as 170 years at a time, in which case I might have until 2038. I'll be eighty-six then, and will likely have quit Oakland years earlier: I'm thinking Bellingham WA, so I can catch the mega-tsunami—or it me.

Flatline, Comatose, Torpor & Drowse was already in San Francisco for that 1868 quake, and part of the building was rendered unusable. The rest stood until early in the last century, when it was pulled down and our present very stately quarters (of which I occupy a progressively tinier square footage) erected on the site.

That "any day now" header was pure clickbait.

tremblingly,

New In geological terms, "since 1998" is pretty much the same as "any day now"
--

Drew
New A bit like the Vesuvius. Expected to blow any day now since 1984 or so.
New Re: The Hayward Fault
The Hayward Fault twitched a little over twelve hours ago. The house jolted as though whipcracked. The dog (contrary to folklore, he displayed no symptoms of premonition) wanted immediately to be somewhere other than in my study. This was a 4.1 or 4.2, just a few miles away. I'm not looking forward to the eventual 6-something.

tremblingly,
     hayward fault line due to go any day now, hope rand has some supplies on hand - (boxley) - (14)
         "be prepared"?? - (hnick) - (3)
             I hope you mean "west" - (drook) - (1)
                 Well, media usually gets everything backwards, so... - (hnick)
             "Be Prepared" - (lincoln)
         PSA: As usual, don't read the comments. :-/ -NT - (Another Scott) - (5)
             I wouldn't have but for your warning ... thanks for nothin' -NT - (drook) - (1)
                 Funny how that works! :-) (But, zooks, there are some broken trolls there.) -NT - (Another Scott)
             Yeah, I made that mistake. - (malraux) - (2)
                 So hold on a minute - (drook) - (1)
                     "Logic"... - (malraux)
         The Hayward Fault - (rcareaga) - (3)
             In geological terms, "since 1998" is pretty much the same as "any day now" -NT - (drook) - (1)
                 A bit like the Vesuvius. Expected to blow any day now since 1984 or so. -NT - (scoenye)
             Re: The Hayward Fault - (rcareaga)

Mandatory cayenne enemas would have the same effect.
71 ms