IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New We're going to wait a while.
We talked with a surgeon yesterday morning. It was a good talk. He said that cancers of the liver are usually slow growing, and hemangiosarcoma usually is first visible via problems with the spleen (and her spleen looked fine in the ultrasound), and the 3 cm diameter spot on her liver is on the right side near the gallbladder and difficult to get to and might not be possible to remove (due to proximity to other important things). She's not in any distress - it's not an emergency. Usually all the liver enzyme numbers increase a lot when the liver is having trouble - not just a relatively small increase in one number. And we don't even know if the symptoms she's having are due to the thing they see in the ultrasound image.

Given all that, and the risks of surgery, we're going to keep her on the antibiotics for a month then do another ultrasound. It might get better on its own, or might not change, or might get much worse. If it's fast growing, then there isn't much they can do anyway...

She was a little more playful yesterday evening, so maybe... :-)

Cheers,
Scott.
New fingies xed
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 59 years. meep
New Dittos on that thought!
Aging animals are hard on the emotions. Our lifespans are mismatched and painfully we have to see them go. Just be sure not to let her suffer.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New Thanks. We'll do our best for her. :-)
     just got a quote to remove a subcutacious cyst - (boxley) - (11)
         I had one of those for years. - (mmoffitt) - (10)
             got the 5mm biopsy punch today - (boxley) - (9)
                 Sophie has about 20 of those things. Do you make house-calls? ;-) -NT - (Another Scott) - (8)
                     not if I am liable to get bitten -NT - (boxley) - (7)
                         She likes people. - (Another Scott) - (6)
                             its hard when they get sick, I still miss my little boston - (boxley) - (1)
                                 Nice. :-) Thanks. -NT - (Another Scott)
                             We're going to wait a while. - (Another Scott) - (3)
                                 fingies xed -NT - (boxley) - (2)
                                     Dittos on that thought! - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
                                         Thanks. We'll do our best for her. :-) -NT - (Another Scott)

Here he comes, here comes Speed Racer.
47 ms