IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New just got a quote to remove a subcutacious cyst
it is a little hard for me to reach and the wife didnt want to do it.
$600.00 for the doc. Kinda pricy but that was for initial visit, removal and followup visit plus a local.
$350.00 for a room to do it in, fuck me that was the show stopper.

http://store.mcguff.com/products/1343.aspx
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 59 years. meep
New I had one of those for years.
I used to call it "my tumor" to my wife's consternation. Got to be about the size of a golf ball. It was near my right shoulder blade and I could barely reach it. It finally started to drain one day and I did the best I could. Then I went to the wife and said, "I really hate to ask you to do this, but I know there's a little more in there, would you mind mashing on this?" Turned out there was a *lot* more than just a little left. It's been gone for a couple of years now.

That's just one of the great things about being married to an NP. ;0)

Good luck!
New got the 5mm biopsy punch today
$18 for 5 5mm disposable biopsy punches
$40 dollars at the drugstore for a pack of butterfly bandages to close the hole.
Regular large bandages, gauze for cleaning and a large bottle of peroxide for cleanup. Went to the nail section, got some tweezers small scissors (cuticle cutters)
priceless, having a woman that was willing to help by sticking the punch in and making the hole. She was gagging at the smell of the keratin stating it was worse than the smell of old man ass but stuck around and helped.
less than $60. When the doc office calls to see if I have changed my mind I will be happy to tell the I did it myself.
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 59 years. meep
Expand Edited by boxley June 27, 2015, 09:32:18 PM EDT
New Sophie has about 20 of those things. Do you make house-calls? ;-)
New not if I am liable to get bitten
New She likes people.
She just gets growl-ly with some other dogs. :-)

We've tried aspirating some in the past - they just grow back, or grow elsewhere. Early on we had some surgically removed, but it's a losing battle. She's just always been a lumpy girl. ;-)

She's not feeling herself at the moment (not liking the food she used to gobble down). Her ALT liver enzyme level is slightly elevated and an ultrasound scan this week showed a weird spot on her liver. No sign of infection or cancer in the cells they sucked out, so they're not sure what it is yet. The vet said it's in a spot that she wouldn't feel comfortable trying to remove (under some ribs and near some big blood vessels), so we're talking with a surgeon about it on Tuesday. In the meantime, she's on 3 antibiotics and a liver supplement to see if that helps take care of whatever it is.

J is scared to death that it's hemangiosarcoma - the blood vessel cancer that took our previous dog, Colleen (and her sister's dog shortly thereafter). Even if it's not that (fingers crossed), liver diseases in dogs don't seem to be easily treatable.

We'll see how it goes.

Best of luck with your ex-lump! :-)

Cheers,
Scott.
New its hard when they get sick, I still miss my little boston
had an artist do a charcoal potrait of him, it is extremely lifelike and sits in a prominent spot in the back living room.
New Nice. :-) Thanks.
New We're going to wait a while.
We talked with a surgeon yesterday morning. It was a good talk. He said that cancers of the liver are usually slow growing, and hemangiosarcoma usually is first visible via problems with the spleen (and her spleen looked fine in the ultrasound), and the 3 cm diameter spot on her liver is on the right side near the gallbladder and difficult to get to and might not be possible to remove (due to proximity to other important things). She's not in any distress - it's not an emergency. Usually all the liver enzyme numbers increase a lot when the liver is having trouble - not just a relatively small increase in one number. And we don't even know if the symptoms she's having are due to the thing they see in the ultrasound image.

Given all that, and the risks of surgery, we're going to keep her on the antibiotics for a month then do another ultrasound. It might get better on its own, or might not change, or might get much worse. If it's fast growing, then there isn't much they can do anyway...

She was a little more playful yesterday evening, so maybe... :-)

Cheers,
Scott.
New fingies xed
New Dittos on that thought!
Aging animals are hard on the emotions. Our lifespans are mismatched and painfully we have to see them go. Just be sure not to let her suffer.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New Thanks. We'll do our best for her. :-)
     just got a quote to remove a subcutacious cyst - (boxley) - (11)
         I had one of those for years. - (mmoffitt) - (10)
             got the 5mm biopsy punch today - (boxley) - (9)
                 Sophie has about 20 of those things. Do you make house-calls? ;-) -NT - (Another Scott) - (8)
                     not if I am liable to get bitten -NT - (boxley) - (7)
                         She likes people. - (Another Scott) - (6)
                             its hard when they get sick, I still miss my little boston - (boxley) - (1)
                                 Nice. :-) Thanks. -NT - (Another Scott)
                             We're going to wait a while. - (Another Scott) - (3)
                                 fingies xed -NT - (boxley) - (2)
                                     Dittos on that thought! - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
                                         Thanks. We'll do our best for her. :-) -NT - (Another Scott)

Here's a banana and some string for you to hang behind you.
71 ms