Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New And what is left?
A brand for old farts - Buick
One for rich old farts - Cadillac
One for urban cowboys - GMC
And for the great unwashed: Chevrolet

I think at least two of those are heading towards a corner with their paintbrush. GMC is getting to be a pretty rare sight on the highways and the desperation in Buick commercials drips from the screen. Chevy is just too large and too similar for these two to survive.
New Yup.
They should just keep Buicks in China since they supposedly love them there so much.

Chevy seemingly will never go away. GMC is just badge engineering and has been for a long time.

Cadillac is weird. They tried to sell a rebadged Corvette. They sell a rebadged Suburban. GM probably shouldn't leave the money that they would lose by getting rid of it, but Ford considered dumping Lincoln, supposedly, so maybe they should keep it on a short leash.

If VW can sell rebadged Chrysler minivans as one of their own, I'm sure GM could do the same with something a bit more up-scale (VW has a lot of brands and are always looking to sell more autos).

FWIW.

Cheers,
Scott.
New "See the USA in your Chevrolet..."
Only Chevy I've owned was one of the front wheel drive X-cars their, the '80 Chevy Citation. It's the only new GM car I had bought.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
     The rise and fall of Pontiac in 29 cars - (lincoln) - (5)
         Re: The rise and fall of Pontiac in 29 cars - (pwhysall) - (4)
             GM had too many brands that were too alike. - (Another Scott) - (3)
                 And what is left? - (scoenye) - (2)
                     Yup. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                         "See the USA in your Chevrolet..." - (a6l6e6x)

You must respond to this LRPD before your post will be accepted.
76 ms