IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New What you need to know is this.
No-one in the EU actually gives two shits about the Greeks leaving. The practical economic impact will be negligible. We'll all still go there on holiday, get the shits and complain about their hilariously bad plumbing, which is just about the limit of our interaction with the Greek economy right now.

Behold the field in which we grow our fucks; cast thine eyes on it, and ye shall see that it is barren.

However, what is not negligible is the precedent that a Grexit would set.
New The banksters want their money.
I'm not surprised that the average Joe in the EU doesn't care. The banksters, though, do care very much.

There was lots of screaming and hollering when Argentina defaulted, but the clean break helped lay the foundation for a decent recovery. (Though debt negotiations dragged out for years.)

Greece needs to do something similar and needs to get out of the Euro if it is to recover. Or the EU/IMF needs to make less onerous terms so that Greece sees a path to recovery.

Cheers,
Scott.
New Re: get the shits
That is in fact one of my memories of Greece. It was fortunately just before leaving. Playing back the prior day, I think I figured out the cause. On way back from Delphi to Athens the bus stopped at a restaurant. Now it could have been in the food, but I found it usual that the waiter unscrewed the cap off the bottled water that he served me. They were too busy to allow for such niceties. I suspect they were too cheap to use real bottled water and refilled bottles with less than safe (for visitors) tap water.

When visiting Mexico, we call that Montezuma's revenge.

And yes, it's 2% tail of EU trying to shake the rest of the 98% dog.

Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
Expand Edited by a6l6e6x June 14, 2015, 10:56:39 PM EDT
     Telegraph.uk: Grexit plans. - (Another Scott) - (8)
         Everything I need to know I learned in kindergarten - (drook)
         "Don't Let The Door Hit You On The Way Out!" - (a6l6e6x) - (3)
             Easy solution. - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                 And, come to think of it . . . - (Andrew Grygus)
             Dunno. - (Another Scott)
         What you need to know is this. - (pwhysall) - (2)
             The banksters want their money. - (Another Scott)
             Re: get the shits - (a6l6e6x)

I choose vodka and Chaka Khan.
59 ms