I had 3 partners when I tried it before and sold out to finish my Master's. (They were "biznessmen" in the worst form and I needed the year sabatical that my interest in the bizness gave me to attend school and clear my head).

My big fear is that in order to succeed one must not be a "businessman" but a "biznessman". I won't be the latter, hence my premonition of failure.

Still, by my measure of "success" it matters not a tinker's damn. Of all people! the professional golfer Nick Price gave me the a perfect definition of success. He has not won the US Open and an interviewer asked, "Will Nick Price need to win the US Open in order for him to consider himself a success?" Nick, (demonstrating far more depth than the usual jock is capable of) laughed and replied, "Success? You know what success is? I'll tell you: when your kids come visit you when you're old because they want to, that's success."

I will not measure my "success" by any other means.
Because I have 2 daughters; moreover, because of my own relationship w/my parents, I understand and completely agree with this sentiment.