IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Re: So?

So go work with a recruiting agency or a reseller to get your foot in the door.

Been trying that for the past 4 months. Even applying for jobs in application support, without success so far.

Satan (impatiently) to Newcomer: The trouble with you Chicago people is, that you think you are the best people down here; whereas you are merely the most numerous.
- - - Mark Twain, "Pudd'nhead Wilson's New Calendar" 1897
New Not the same thing.
As I understand it, you've been using recruiters to help you find employment. Mike is saying use recruiters to help you find a consulting gig.

http://programmers.stackexchange.com/questions/76659/how-is-a-software-developer-different-from-a-software-consultant-what-makes

Best of luck. HTH.

Cheers,
Scott.
New This.
Mike is saying use recruiters to help you find a consulting gig.
Yep. This. All of this. Then some more. Start a company. Do 1099 consulting. Charge $100-150 an hour to start. You have skills. Exploit them.

This year is set up to be the best year of my career.

Go get it.
-Mike

@MikeVitale42

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin, 1759 Historical Review of Pennsylvania
New It can work.
For the last couple years, contracting is the only thing I could get. Still is, so far.
I worked with a number of contracting companies and 2 of them got me gigs. Money's ok, but contractors are a lot like toilet paper: quite useful at times, but eminently disposable.
I'm pushing 65, and I can no longer expect anything better for the next 10 years or so. Oh, well.
Best of luck.
"Religion, n. A daughter of Hope and Fear, explaining to Ignorance the nature of the Unknowable."
~ AMBROSE BIERCE
(1842-1914)
New same boat
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 59 years. meep
     BLS - Record (since 2000) job openings in the US. - (Another Scott) - (10)
         Ain't going so great here - (lincoln) - (9)
             Go consulting instead of applying for jobs -NT - (pwhysall) - (8)
                 any company bigger than a mom-and-pop - (lincoln) - (7)
                     So consult to mom-and-pops - (pwhysall)
                     So? - (mvitale) - (5)
                         Re: So? - (lincoln) - (4)
                             Not the same thing. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                 This. - (mvitale)
                             It can work. - (hnick) - (1)
                                 same boat -NT - (boxley)

It's watching you from across the way...
40 ms