IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New pensylvania is much more racist than georgia
best I can figure out is that they all share a water border with canada
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 59 years. meep
New lets try different map
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 59 years. meep
New A story about that...
https://storify.com/cbccommunity/twitter-hate-map

The data on the graph is scaled by population.

Also...

Many tweets - and mainstream news reports - focused on particular state and cities.

But Stephens says the map actually shows that use of the slurs is evenly spread across the country, although it is more common in smaller cities and towns that are less racially integrated.

"Racial discrimination and sexual discrimination are quite well dispersed through the United States. We can see it in every pocket of small towns nationally. That's quite a disturbing trend," she said.

Cheers,
Scott.
New Northern Michigan doesn't surprise me.
Most of the hate is in the "heartland", in the flyover states. I'm a bit surprised at the western plains, although Idaho is about where I'd expect to see it.
Regards,
-scott
Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.
New real bad accross the plains
http://indiancountrytodaymedianetwork.com/2015/05/11/video-woman-posts-profane-anti-native-rant-gets-fired-160324\edit found the other one I was looking for
http://indiancountrytodaymedianetwork.com/2015/05/30/man-who-hurled-beer-racial-slurs-native-american-kids-will-not-face-jail-time-judge-says no, he is not southern
In north dakota at the walmart I always look for a somali cashier because she will always be open with 10 and 12 person lines behind the white cashiers
Expand Edited by boxley June 2, 2015, 10:32:34 AM EDT
New It may be that they just do not tweet.
Regards,
-scott
Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.
New That, too.
Also, the survey was of 100,000 Tweets - a drop in the bucket that must have some selection bias issues (even if unintentional).

9319 tweets/s at the moment

Cheers,
Scott.
     deep south and religion - (boxley) - (31)
         "Deep South"? Tennessee ain't the deep south and you know it. ;0) -NT - (mmoffitt) - (30)
             nashville certainly is -NT - (boxley) - (29)
                 What are you talkin' about, boy? - (mmoffitt) - (28)
                     add tenessee to that list, hillbillies count -NT - (boxley) - (27)
                         How can a state with a border within 60 miles of Illinois be considered "Deep South"? Ain't buyin it -NT - (mmoffitt) - (26)
                             My sister lives there. - (malraux) - (25)
                                 Sure. It's still "The South". - (mmoffitt) - (24)
                                     you are just trying to drive a wedge between hillfolk and flatlanders -NT - (boxley)
                                     "The South" isn't geography. It's a state of mind. - (Another Scott) - (22)
                                         nope, those are yankee racists, -NT - (boxley) - (17)
                                             Ye shall know them by their fruits. -NT - (Another Scott) - (16)
                                                 very true - (boxley) - (15)
                                                     Number of hate groups. - (malraux) - (7)
                                                         pensylvania is much more racist than georgia - (boxley) - (6)
                                                             lets try different map - (boxley) - (5)
                                                                 A story about that... - (Another Scott)
                                                                 Northern Michigan doesn't surprise me. - (malraux) - (3)
                                                                     real bad accross the plains - (boxley) - (2)
                                                                         It may be that they just do not tweet. -NT - (malraux) - (1)
                                                                             That, too. - (Another Scott)
                                                     Interesting, but not really contradicting my point. - (Another Scott) - (6)
                                                         see footnote 1 -NT - (boxley) - (5)
                                                             We're talking past each other... "The South isn't Geography." -NT - (Another Scott) - (4)
                                                                 "The South isn't Geography." so you admit to your prejuidice? thank you :-) - (boxley) - (3)
                                                                     We'd do better in this conversation if you didn't try to read my mind. - (Another Scott) - (2)
                                                                         uh no - (boxley) - (1)
                                                                             Yeahbut... - (Another Scott)
                                         There it is. - (mmoffitt) - (3)
                                             I lived outside of Atlanta for much of my childhood... -NT - (Another Scott) - (2)
                                                 Yankee is a state of mind, too. ;0) -NT - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                                                     heh. Touche'. -NT - (Another Scott)