IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New More South African problems.
That cookbook about early Dutch cuisine in South Africa had already caused me to add porcupines to my Rodents & Rabbits page. I was wondering if I should add Dassie Rats (not actually rats) since they ate those too. This caused me to seriously review the whole page, and I found it badly needed to be reorganized. In reorganizing, it got expanded even more.

Rodents & Rabbits.
New Well, once I got the rodent page up . . .
. . I realized I had the wrong Dassie. The one I wanted was the Rock Hyrax, a much meatier critter - but I had no place to put it.

After some study, I decided the only reasonable course was to compose a page for culinary Afrotheres.

Afrotheres is a new superorder put in place around 1996 when it was found that aardvarks, hyraxes, elephants, dugongs, manatees, tenrecs and elephant shrews all had a common ancestor, no matter how absurd that seemed.

Afrotheres
New Now you're just making up names ... or you found a Dr. Seuss cookbook
--

Drew
New well he better hide that manatee cookbook
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 59 years. meep
New Well, I wish the prairie dogs were not so abundant in Canada.
A campground near Edmonton, Alberta where we stayed was just riddled with their burrows. It drove our dog crazy to watch them (through the screen door) pop their head out of a hole. Had to keep closing the outer door to get some peace.

Taking the dog for a walk wasn't fun either.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New What you folks need to do . . .
. . is set up an industry to harvest them and sell the meat. If the price is high enough, the advertising worded right, and you bribe a celebrity TV chef to endorse it, the yuppies will buy it.
New Needs a new name
Chilean Field Hare

Rocky Mountain Roughy

Colorado Hound

Hmm, I'm guessing you know about this list of FDA-approved seafood names?
http://www.accessdata.fda.gov/scripts/fdcc/?set=seafoodlist
--

Drew
New FDA Names
"Hmm, I'm guessing you know about this list of FDA-approved seafood names?
http://www.accessdata.fda.gov/scripts/fdcc/?set=seafoodlist"

Yes, but I haven't used it for years. The Asian markets where I buy fish definitely have no knowledge of FDA names. A list without pictures is useless to me, and they don't list enough fish anyway.

I use Fishbase.org which lists over 33,000 fish species and has multiple photos of most of them.
New But, not Rocky Mountain Oysters!
That name is taken. :)
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
     More South African problems. - (Andrew Grygus) - (8)
         Well, once I got the rodent page up . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (2)
             Now you're just making up names ... or you found a Dr. Seuss cookbook -NT - (drook) - (1)
                 well he better hide that manatee cookbook -NT - (boxley)
         Well, I wish the prairie dogs were not so abundant in Canada. - (a6l6e6x) - (4)
             What you folks need to do . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (3)
                 Needs a new name - (drook) - (2)
                     FDA Names - (Andrew Grygus)
                     But, not Rocky Mountain Oysters! - (a6l6e6x)

Houston, we have a problem.
68 ms