IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New How is my site responding?
I'm planning to move my main site to lower-cost hosting. Instead of an active WordPress site, I'm going to maintain the site offline and publish static HTML pages from now on.*

Over the last couple of days I've spidered a full copy of the site and have it up on the cheaper host. If you've got a few minutes, take a look and tell me how responsive it feels. With all the possible cache points, I don't want to assume what I'm seeing is what anyone else will see.

http://cooklikeyourgrandmother.com

* Yes, this means comments and polls are no longer active. I'm trying to find any pointers to those and remove them.
--

Drew
New DigitalOcean WordPress droplets are $6/mo with backups
Dunno if that changes anything for you.
Regards,
-scott
Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.
New I'll check that out
The one I'm switching back to is Dreamhost. I've got a VPS that allows shell access and unlimited sites, so I can play around and experiment.
--

Drew
New looks good from here
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 59 years. meep
New Same. Looks good outside of Chicago.
-Mike

@MikeVitale42

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin, 1759 Historical Review of Pennsylvania
New Are you seeing ads?
My IP is blocked so I don't game the system by bot-loading the site, so I rarely know what the ads look like.
--

Drew
New I've seen a few ads.
Only on a few pages.

Some picture load slowly.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New Loads fine in the northeast. The ads, however...
The right outer outer ad bar, for some reason, takes a lot longer and then upsets the layout. i.e. I was trying to read your bio when it got chucked clear off the screen by a Jimmy Dean sausage pancake.

Also, the page is glued to the left side of the display. Not sure if that is intentional, but it looks a bit odd to have enough blank space on the right to fit another whole page.
New Thanks
I'll see what I can do about that ad.

You're right about the left alignment. That basic design has been evolving for about 7 years. I do think we're starting to get such wide monitors that a full width layout can look really bad.
--

Drew
     How is my site responding? - (drook) - (8)
         DigitalOcean WordPress droplets are $6/mo with backups - (malraux) - (1)
             I'll check that out - (drook)
         looks good from here -NT - (boxley) - (1)
             Same. Looks good outside of Chicago. -NT - (mvitale)
         Are you seeing ads? - (drook) - (1)
             I've seen a few ads. - (a6l6e6x)
         Loads fine in the northeast. The ads, however... - (scoenye) - (1)
             Thanks - (drook)

I don't usually win conversations this decisively.
98 ms