IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New this is starting to look nasty
I attempted to access icloud from work; received a message that my account was disabled for security reasons. Went in to reauthenticate; was asked to provide date of birth...this was rejected as a mismatch. Used the "send me an email" (to a gmail account) to proceed; this got an instant reply two hours ago, but so far, nuttin'.

anxiously,
New resolved?
Apple tech support said that their lockdown prevented me from reauthenticating even via the "security questions" absent a heart-to-heart talk with a human being. This being undertaken, he appears to have reinstated me. We'll see how long the fix lasts this time. I regret the expenditure of an hour of what is proving not to be a slow work day.

cordially,
New Glad you got it worked out. Two factor?
The Fallows clan got bitten by something similar with GMail.

You might want to do the "two factor" login dance (if you're not doing it already).

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204152

Good luck.

Cheers,
Scott.
New Do you know for sure that you were actually compromised?
The stories I've seen where someone's account was hacked, it was much harder to regain control. Your story sounds like just plain bad process for changing credentials. ie: Typical helpdesk type call for "How do I update my password across multiple devices?"

I've got a few accounts that occasionally get several hundred bounce messages in a day for emails that didn't go out from my system. They're just using my address in the "From" line because it's a known-good address. Properly configured mail servers on the receiving end reject it (or at least I think they do) because the reverse lookup fails. [handwave] dkim entries [/handwave]
--

Drew
     so I was careless... - (rcareaga) - (29)
         does the mail app know about the new password? dumb question I know -NT - (boxley)
         Maybe had nothing to do with you - (drook)
         this is starting to look nasty - (rcareaga) - (3)
             resolved? - (rcareaga) - (2)
                 Glad you got it worked out. Two factor? - (Another Scott)
                 Do you know for sure that you were actually compromised? - (drook)
         a day later... - (rcareaga)
         sheesh! - (rcareaga) - (21)
             Likely scenario - (scoenye) - (10)
                 concur - (rcareaga) - (9)
                     Password storage. - (static)
                     Here's where I got my rule - (drook) - (4)
                         XKCD to the rescue - (static) - (3)
                             :-) -NT - (Another Scott)
                             That, too - (drook) - (1)
                                 Ford Credit will only take 8 -NT - (malraux)
                     Re: concur - (mvitale) - (2)
                         Entertaining story. - (Another Scott)
                         I get annoyed at password restrictions. - (static)
             password management - (boxley) - (9)
                 Chase doesn't allow special characters. - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                     Too many sites do passwords wrong. - (static)
                 Number substitution isn't recommended any more. - (Another Scott) - (6)
                     I like writing down - (drook) - (3)
                         so you go in person to pay all your bills? Nice to have that much free time -NT - (boxley) - (2)
                             Not the point - (drook) - (1)
                                 Having my wallet messed with in middle school taught me that it's not good to depend on it... - (Another Scott)
                     not necessarily - (rcareaga) - (1)
                         Re your last line: yes, that -NT - (drook)

He said, "Listen, shrimp. Don't you come trolling around here." What a crab. This guy was steamed. I could see the anchor in his eyes.
104 ms