IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Cabbage Rolls.
The next Music Group event (at B&T's, not here), music of a Norwegian composer will be featured - so I decided to make some Norwegian cabbage rolls, and did a test run.

While preparing the cabbages, I discovered a way of separating the leaves that I've never seen in any cook book or recipe. My method was already superior to published methods, as I cored the cabbage before putting it in the bolling water, resulting easier separation of the leaves and more even cooking - but still tedious, messy, uneven and dangerous - because I was still influenced by published recipes.

While holding down a cabbage with a wooden spoon in the core hole, I swished it around a bit and noticed the two outer leaves starting to drift apart from the head. So I removed them with tongs. Then, steadying the cabbage with the spoon, I just grabbed each outer leaf by the stem, gently shook it to loosen it, and took it out. Every leaf was perfectly cooked and completely undamaged. It was quick, neat, and especially safe (no risk of a tsunami of scalding water).

I find it hard to believe no one has published this before - I suppose because they were following recipes. I felt it necessary to go back and rewrite my three older cabbage roll recipes. I will now be less hesitant to make cabbage rolls.

Cabbage Rolls #4
Cabbage Rolls #3
Cabbage Rolls #2
Cabbage Rolls #1

New Almost makes me want to try it
--

Drew
New I grew up eating Cabbage Rolls.#2, more or less.
Of course my mother cut the leaf stems one by one when she peeled off the leaves.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
     Cabbage Rolls. - (Andrew Grygus) - (2)
         Almost makes me want to try it -NT - (drook)
         I grew up eating Cabbage Rolls.#2, more or less. - (a6l6e6x)

This too shall pass.
57 ms