IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New and yet you still shoot the messenger
Oh, of course, you set up a straw man to ridicule first.
You seethe in a dark place.
Anger is a result of unmet expectations.
And you are very angry.
What expectation did you have that the universe failed to provide for?
New this one is pretty straightforward
http://theincidentaleconomist.com/wordpress/healthcare-triage-news-marijuana-intoxication-and-driving/

No effect on accident rates. None. Report from the NHTSA. Link to full report under the video. Go to page 6 on the report for the numbers.

Gonna shoot that messenger too?

On the other hand, I'll throw you a bone:
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2015/05/150518191604.htm

Of course, since I agree with you that kids should not be touching it there is no change in my position based on it.
Expand Edited by crazy May 18, 2015, 10:51:36 PM EDT
New There's just not much science behind this either way at this point.
Emphasis Mine.
In a paper published today in Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences (PNAS), researchers for the first time comprehensively describe existing abnormalities in brain function and structure of long-term marijuana users with multiple magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) techniques. Findings show chronic marijuana users have smaller brain volume in the orbitofrontal cortex (OFC), a part of the brain commonly associated with addiction, but also increased brain connectivity.

“We have seen a steady increase in the incidence of marijuana use since 2007,“said Dr. Francesca Filbey, Associate Professor in the School of Behavioral and Brain Sciences at the University of Texas at Dallas and Director of the Cognitive Neuroscience Research in Addictive Disorders at the Center for BrainHealth. “However, research on its long-term effects remains scarce despite the changes in legislation surrounding marijuana and the continuing conversation surrounding this relevant public health topic.

http://www.brainhealth.utdallas.edu/blog_page/study-shows-marijuanas-long-term-effects-on-the-brain
     charming, not - (rcareaga) - (21)
         that is despicable, -NT - (boxley)
         :-( - (Another Scott) - (18)
             We've got two lawyers in the family - (rcareaga) - (1)
                 hopefully the local constables can put down their donuts long enough to prosecute -NT - (boxley)
             Sometimes they don't wait until the hospital admission. - (mmoffitt) - (15)
                 Horrible. :-( -NT - (Another Scott)
                 that certainly gets the gold medal for ghoulishness - (rcareaga) - (13)
                     South of San Clemente. - (mmoffitt) - (12)
                         knee jerk - (crazy) - (11)
                             doped driving - (rcareaga) - (4)
                                 you are the perfect example - (crazy) - (1)
                                     Precisely - (rcareaga)
                                 Drunk vs. doped - (gcareaga)
                                 Impairment - (gcareaga)
                             Yes, all relly good science is posted on "jointblog". Jesus. -NT - (mmoffitt) - (5)
                                 your favorite method of arguing this point - (crazy) - (4)
                                     Let me put it this way. - (mmoffitt) - (3)
                                         and yet you still shoot the messenger - (crazy) - (2)
                                             this one is pretty straightforward - (crazy) - (1)
                                                 There's just not much science behind this either way at this point. - (mmoffitt)
         Well, that sucks! :( - (a6l6e6x)

Dogs and cats, living together! Mass hysteria!
94 ms