IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New You can't make make this shit up
Well actually, you can, and I could wish this was a joke. We are advised by building management that, effective immediately, the following items are prohibited on the premises (I haven't seen the full three-page memo, but here's the brief summary provided to the munchkins):
Knives (any length, type)
Drills
Screwdrivers
Metal scissors with pointed tips
Crowbars
Hammers
Tools including but not limited to wrenches and pliers
Axes
I guess I'll throw away my X-Acto knife and tell management next time they ask me to print and laminate a set of stupid "inspirational" posters, "Gee, sorry boss. We'll have to send that job out to some shop where sharp objects are permitted."

I take some comfort in the certainty that there are no sharp entities of any description up on the third floor, where management dwells. But I knew that already.

cuttingly,

Edit: In fairness, BDS management and the landlord's management are separate and distinct operations, but given that we're the principal tenants here, it's hard to believe that my masters didn't sign off on this codswallop.
Expand Edited by rcareaga May 14, 2015, 01:46:36 PM EDT
New smdh
New How about baseball bats?
Bricks?

Glass picture frames?

Toothbrushes?

Spoons?

Golf tees?
--

Drew
New the future
Everything is illegal. It's understood that in practice no one will likely come after you for illegal possession of a screwdriver. But if you've pissed off some organ of the security state (see Pierce's entry today of the FBI channeling the Pinkertons on behalf of a foreign energy company, and recall that since 2001 "terrorism" can mean anything the security state likes, right down to jaywalking or littering), then your 1.25" Swiss Army knife gets you fired: and how abjectly would most of us cringe to avoid losing our livelihoods?

It's a police state, people. It prates about freedom, but its practices approach those of the USSR circa 1974. You know, a kind of slovenly, corrupt authoritarianism that swats its subject arbitrarily. And this is under Obama. It'll get nastier, I fear, under Presidents Walker or Cruz...or Clinton.

cordially,
New Dupe, ignore
--

Drew
Expand Edited by drook May 14, 2015, 02:04:39 PM EDT
New facilities maintenance job is going to get very challenging
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 59 years. meep
     You can't make make this shit up - (rcareaga) - (5)
         smdh -NT - (jake123)
         How about baseball bats? - (drook) - (1)
             the future - (rcareaga)
         Dupe, ignore -NT - (drook)
         facilities maintenance job is going to get very challenging -NT - (boxley)

We get more play than a 6-disc changer in a bitchin' Camaro.
54 ms