IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New No, one has to pay for article.
Only abstract and references can be seen.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New Do as we say, not as we do
Typical of the Feds.

Thanks for checking.
New Not quite right.
There's no requirement that government-created or government-funded research be published in open-access journals. It would cause lots of problems if that were the case (until the big journals are open-access, anyway).

WhiteHouse.gov:

That’s why, in a policy memorandum released today, OSTP Director John Holdren has directed Federal agencies with more than $100M in R&D expenditures to develop plans to make the published results of federally funded research freely available to the public within one year of publication and requiring researchers to better account for and manage the digital data resulting from federally funded scientific research.

It's not clear that the VA Health System does $100M in R&D each year, so even this it might not apply to them.

HTH.

Cheers,
Scott.
     Statins increase risk of diabetes by 87% - (malraux) - (11)
         This is my "surprised" face ... want to see it again? -NT - (drook)
         Well that's something to keep an eye on ... :-/ -NT - (Another Scott)
         VA following the rules? - (gcareaga) - (4)
             No, one has to pay for article. - (a6l6e6x) - (2)
                 Do as we say, not as we do - (gcareaga) - (1)
                     Not quite right. - (Another Scott)
             embargoed for one year -NT - (boxley)
         I hate relative risk figures - (pwhysall) - (1)
             Yup. They did seem to try to make the groups uniform though. - (Another Scott)
         Re: Statins increase risk of diabetes by 87% - (rcareaga)
         So I could take them, since that doesn't matter any more... ;-/ -NT - (CRConrad)

Ruh-roh...
131 ms