IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New It's actually pretty well-built.
Of course at £90 it's built down to a price. But Windows 8.1 mail manages just fine with my mail, which goes back just about forevar.

I avoid Chrome and Firefox. I avoid the former because all the raw JavaScript speed in the world doesn't help if I can start IE, read the page I wanted, and close it again in the time it takes Chrome to start up. Also, yeah. Chrome lurrrrve de RAM.

I lost track of Firefox a while back. Is it even still a thing?

It's actually remarkable how good it is with 1GB of RAM. An Android 4/5 device with that much memory would be a complete shitshow. This thing is actually useable.

ETA: I cannot overstate how bad the cameras are. 2MP front and rear.
Expand Edited by pwhysall May 6, 2015, 07:16:04 AM EDT
New Re: It's actually pretty well-built.

I lost track of Firefox a while back. Is it even still a thing?

Yes it is, but they're determined to keep making it worse over time:

http://forum.iwethey.org/forum/post/399408/

Satan (impatiently) to Newcomer: The trouble with you Chicago people is, that you think you are the best people down here; whereas you are merely the most numerous.
- - - Mark Twain, "Pudd'nhead Wilson's New Calendar" 1897
New Interesting.
I spent AU$600 on a Windows 8 small laptop exactly 12 months ago. I think it's 2Gb of RAM. It feels cheap, the trackpad has issues and it is just slow enough to make you say "I wish it were faster". Oddly, I happened to discover that it's one of Asus' most reliable laptops.

The mail thing is interesting. I tried pointing Windows Mail to my IMAP server which sits on an EC2 instance. It's got 25,000+ messages in Inbox and it just doesn't cope with that. I point Opera Mail at it and it slurps it all up easily. Maybe it just doesn't like IMAP all that well.

Wade.
     Quick review: Linx 8 low-end Windows tablet - (pwhysall) - (13)
         Must be built down to a price. - (static) - (3)
             It's actually pretty well-built. - (pwhysall) - (2)
                 Re: It's actually pretty well-built. - (lincoln)
                 Interesting. - (static)
         rather spend 20 quid more and get a 17inch lapper -NT - (boxley) - (6)
             I love how you can miss just about any point presented to you, Box :) - (pwhysall) - (5)
                 dont like tablets at all, big dam phone that cant make calls -NT - (boxley) - (4)
                     Great for surfing the web - (drook) - (3)
                         That only works if you can shut the fuck up about everything that's wrong on the Internet(*). - (CRConrad) - (2)
                             Re: if you can shut the fuck up - (drook)
                             Weel.. now.. then, there.. perpetually grumpy-Gus: - (Ashton)
         Update - (pwhysall)
         - - (pwhysall)

Bila meludah, jangan begitu kuat, terima kasih.
57 ms