IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New top US hedge fund managers earn $11bn in 2014

The top 25 US hedge fund managers earned more than $11bn last year – one of their worst-ever years.

It might sound like a lot, but the collective $11.6bn taken home by the 25 leading (all male) hedge fund managers in 2014 was roughly half what they collected in 2013 and the lowest since the 2008 financial crisis.

Institutional Investor’s Alpha magazine, which conducts the annual hedge fund pay survey, described the earnings as “paltry” despite their collective personal earnings being more than the gross domestic product of Nicaragua, Laos or Madagascar.

[...]

Alpha said the average 2014 earnings were “just $467m” down from $846m in 2013 – which is still 18,800 times the average US salary of $44,888.

The top three managers – Citadel’s Kenneth Griffin, Renaissance Technologies’s James Simons and Bridgewater Associates’ Ray Dalio – all made more than $1bn last year, with Griffin claiming the top spot with $1.3bn.

In 2013, the top performing hedge fund manager David Tepper of Appaloosa Management took home $3.5bn after big bets on airline stocks paid off.

http://www.theguardian.com/business/2015/may/05/us-hedge-fund-managers-2014-worst-earnings

I'm crying crocodile tears for these fuckers.

Satan (impatiently) to Newcomer: The trouble with you Chicago people is, that you think you are the best people down here; whereas you are merely the most numerous.
- - - Mark Twain, "Pudd'nhead Wilson's New Calendar" 1897
New Why don't we use that NY island between the Hudson and East rivers for our nuclear waste?
New no, lets just tax their earnings as earned income
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 59 years. meep
New Cosign. A transaction tax would be good too. Maybe applying sales tax to services, also too.
New You and I have been on the same page with that for a long, long, long time. ;0)
     top US hedge fund managers earn $11bn in 2014 - (lincoln) - (4)
         Why don't we use that NY island between the Hudson and East rivers for our nuclear waste? -NT - (mmoffitt) - (3)
             no, lets just tax their earnings as earned income -NT - (boxley) - (2)
                 Cosign. A transaction tax would be good too. Maybe applying sales tax to services, also too. -NT - (Another Scott)
                 You and I have been on the same page with that for a long, long, long time. ;0) -NT - (mmoffitt)

He's at the sack of hair level...and sinking rapidly.
305 ms