IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Downside
It's boring as shit.

Nice place to visit, wouldn't want to live there.
New Don't you have that backwards?
You just described a nice suburb.
--

Drew
Expand Edited by drook May 1, 2015, 12:37:10 PM EDT
New That's why it would be great to live there.
All the non-boring places are right next door, all the stability at home. You can drive across the Baltic Sea to mainland Europe via the Øresund fer chrissakes.

Paraphrasing the Chinese curse, "May you live in an interesting country."
Regards,
-scott
Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.
New I believe that you have grokked the Matter to ƒullness.
(And in fact: Tivoli, København are right across the gatt!) from whence one can [pilot one's own inferrnal-machine] ..partake of the May 8th activities
celebrating the *departure of the earlier Nazis from all over You-rop
(well, for a time ... until the Shogunate and other Imperial thuggees began again to roam the perpetually gang-raped planet.)

* I happened to drive across into Nederland on that very day, enjoying being immediately stopped by some local Scouts, tying flowers onto grille. Glum faces? at the exit-Germany posts..
'Course that was a mere 15 years since the cessation of that earlier madness, so likely they thought they were celebrating the permanent demise of that pre-transistors, cruder Evul.
We Poor Bastards.

Brevity Award with 3 recycled-olive-pits, for May you live in an interesting country ;^>
(Though this one manages to combine the worst aspects of Interesting with the best parts of rilly-Boring: much more than any previous asinine empire on my bookshelf.)
Territoriality oxymoron?
New Many people make that as a commute daily.
It's cheaper to live in Sweden and commute, apparently.

Another bonus of Swedish citizenship: you don't need a permit to live/work in the other Scandic countries if the mood takes you.
Regards,
-scott
Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.
New And the Swedes all take the ferry to Finland for booze.
And the Danes, nursing centuries old grievances, hate the Swedes.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New and the finns go to eastonia
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 59 years. meep
     Sweden wants your trash. - (malraux) - (9)
         In my experience it is, however, an expensive place to visit. -NT - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
             Restaurants are twice as expensive there. - (malraux)
         Downside - (pwhysall) - (6)
             Don't you have that backwards? - (drook)
             That's why it would be great to live there. - (malraux) - (4)
                 I believe that you have grokked the Matter to ƒullness. - (Ashton) - (1)
                     Many people make that as a commute daily. - (malraux)
                 And the Swedes all take the ferry to Finland for booze. - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
                     and the finns go to eastonia -NT - (boxley)

Give it up for the beast with the plan... the one, the only... B-B-B-B-BOOGIE MAN!!
74 ms