IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New I have the utmost respect
...for the folks, not lavishly compensated, who put up with, and change the diapers of, cranky dying people. Back when he was still in his early sixties I trailed after my father in San Francisco one time, slipping ten dollar bills to blameless service personnel he'd abused. As I recall, I was out forty dollars on that occasion, back when I made a third my current salary.

To this day he will make a scene rather than endure a real or perceived slight. His four children will endure almost any slight before we are prepared to make a scene.

cordially,
New me too. I could never do it.
New Seconding that,
in the early '70s I knew several who put up with the insulting-wages, disrespect and other aspects of an utterly clueless and daily taking-for-granted.
I marveled at their enduring tolerance, until realizing that this derived from no mere passive acceptance ... some caste thing, say wherein some past karma was being paid off? (and must be borne.)

No, they were abiding that which I was sure I could not--rather: would not--accept. (In retrospect I think these personal examples gave me a first inkling of Mother Teresa's forbearance.) Without sanctimony they chose to suspend judgment of whatever was causing the then-cluelessness, though I wondered then as now: if they could discern when they were encountering a lifelong pattern and not just aging-infirmity.. y'know?

(The Lesson was embarrassing enough, for a time. But insufficient to instill that level of adulthood here, in any reliable way.) Of course too, there are many such caretakers who are there simply because they have no alternative Mammon-approved job prospects. I suppose that these have learned to seethe silently, usually.)

Sorry, have no idea of a proper response to pureed solipsism in a parent; Probably I'd go to any length just to duck any idea of confrontation ..so late in the game. Luck.

New myself I have an iron rule
If I dont like something I quietly speak to the manager about the issue, pay my bill with a minimum tip of 8% if it was the wait person pay full nut if it was the cook and never return. Now my brother is like your father, bitched about the food service and left a .25 cent tip on an $80 dollar bill. I told the waitress as I slipped her a ten, he cant help it he's canadian.
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 59 years. meep
     shit/fuck/shit/fuck [repeat ad infinitum] - (rcareaga) - (8)
         Use G's outside voice. - (Another Scott)
         resolution sorta - (rcareaga) - (5)
             my wife runs a facility - (crazy) - (4)
                 I have the utmost respect - (rcareaga) - (3)
                     me too. I could never do it. -NT - (crazy)
                     Seconding that, - (Ashton)
                     myself I have an iron rule - (boxley)
         Room service - (gcareaga)

I don't even think that thing in the middle is a net.
94 ms