IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Microsoft was never there.
Oil exploration was the territory of traditional supercomputers. Microsoft has never had a prayer of an offering in that market -"Boss, I recommend we save money by replacing the Cray with a quad pentium IV running Windows 2000" would indeed get you fired.

When an oil company needs a new super, they build a Linux cluster, because their applications are appropriate for cluster processing (not all supercomputer applications are).

Unfortunately, most high profile Linux success stories are not about replacing Microsoft. They are, however, sometimes about locking Microsoft out in the future.
[link|http://www.aaxnet.com|AAx]
New Well for one place I worked at
they got rid of a Wang with a server with 4 Pentium Pro Processors and Windows NT. Don't ask me why, I just worked there. The powers that be had decided that the NT Server would do more good than the Wang system. The head Wang guy became the Office Snitch to protect his job, get the dirt on other people or make stuff up if he couldn't get any dirt. Why? Because he hardly had any NT experience and all his Wang skills were not obsolite. Of course we offered to teach him Visual BASIC, VBA, HTML, etc but he rejected it. Doctoring photos in Photoshop and editing Wav files to make others look guilty was too much fun for him.

I am free now, to choose my own destiny.
New Stop rehashing old shit - go choose a new destiny instead!
     Linux invades replicated sites. (" - (brettj) - (10)
         Linux grabs big win with Reuters, in case you missed it. - (brettj) - (9)
             It's a good value proposition - (ben_tilly) - (8)
                 Plus the speed is surprising many. - (brettj) - (7)
                     Nothing new here, except . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (6)
                         Could IBM's mastery of the subtle undermining scenario - (Ashton)
                         Say goodbye to MS-Shops - (orion) - (3)
                             Microsoft was never there. - (Andrew Grygus) - (2)
                                 Well for one place I worked at - (orion) - (1)
                                     Stop rehashing old shit - go choose a new destiny instead! -NT - (CRConrad)
                         Ah yes. Amerada Hess & Schlumberger. - (brettj)

In a hole in the ground there lived a Hobbit.
44 ms