IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Sometimes I wish we could back to not updating phones.
Or rather, not having to update phones. The ease with which they _can_ be updated is, I fear, letting people release software that just should be not released. I have had several Ericsson feature phones that were wonderfully stable. I know it was possible to update them, but it was not easy.

(And this is infecting other products that rely on firmware. I have a DVB-T settop box that needs hard rebooting every few months. Why? Because something overflows with time and crashes the box! It's a device designed to be powered on 24/7 so this is a terrible bug that should never have made it into production. Okay; rant over.)

Wade.
New Preach
The worst thing you can do to a phone is "brick" it. But you know what? Once you make a brick, it keeps being a brick. There are bricks made a thousand years ago that are still bricking just like new. I'd love to have a phone that compared favorably to a brick.
--

Drew
New :-)
New My current smartphone is reliable.
Or seems to be. It was a late run Sony Xperia Z (last one in the store). Physically robust. No hardware bugs that I've found. And I don't rush the firmware updates - I wait for Sony. It may well be the best phone I've ever had. Currently plan to hang onto it until it dies.

Wade.
     Just had to factory reset my phone - (drook) - (4)
         Sometimes I wish we could back to not updating phones. - (static) - (3)
             Preach - (drook) - (2)
                 :-) -NT - (Another Scott)
                 My current smartphone is reliable. - (static)

Completely free of Microsoft Smart Tags!
60 ms