IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Weird rumor that Samsung is interested in buying AMD.
https://plus.google.com/u/1/+ChristopherGaul/posts/CduLeyR2KJM

It's an "investor" website rumor that cites a Korean paper that seems to be speculation of some Indian guy.

The comments mostly talk about x86 licenses from Intel, but that's probably not why Samsung would be interested. AMD (and seemingly just about everyone else) is moving to ARM's architecture - x86 seems to be coasting. System on a Chip (the Internet of Things), integrated graphics, etc., are probably more compelling. But one would think there would be cheaper ways for Samsung to get that expertise (Apple bought younger companies to get that stuff).

Maybe there's something there, but who knows.

AMD's stock price has been under $4 (sometimes substantially under $4) for the past 3 years. Samsung's has bounced around between 1.1-1.5M Won over the same period (~ $1000-$1350).

Cheers,
Scott.
New Stock price question
I see articles all the time using the same stats you do: Company A has a stock price of $x, Company B has a stock price of $y.

Who cares? Isn't it market cap that matters?
--

Drew
New Kinda.
They're related, of course. The price per share is a little easier for our jelloware to grasp. Comparing a $0.20/share stock with a $5000/share stock doesn't tell you anything by itself.

But the price movements over time are often indicative of the (perceived) value and prospects for the company. I remember having a gut feeling that AMD was a bargain at ~ $15. Glad I didn't jump on it then. ;-)

Samsung has been hammered in some of the press because Apple is stealing their thunder with the 6. But their stock price hasn't seem to have been damaged all that much by it (Samsung Electronics is much bigger than just phones).

We'll see what happens.

Cheers,
Scott.
     Weird rumor that Samsung is interested in buying AMD. - (Another Scott) - (2)
         Stock price question - (drook) - (1)
             Kinda. - (Another Scott)

Keep up the good work. Those dark sides need more advertising.
36 ms