IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New How Life Changes Your Priorities
Hey all,

I can't remember when I was last in here, and I don't remember how to look up my last post, so I'll just give you a fast recap of things to bring you up to speed if you're interested.

2014 was a really intense year for myself and my family.

In February, we got the okay and I secured the funding to move my 91 year old Dad into the Missouri Veteran's Home from Delmar Gardens.

In March, I discovered all the recent anxiety with parents and family had caused me to have more dry mouth and I had 13 cavities & needed a root canal on one. I was put to sleep on April 28th, and had them all done at once, which was really traumatic for me. They said my blood pressure kept trying to go up even in deep anesthesia.

May 5th, my 84 year old mother had long overdue prolapse surgery. The day she was released, May 7th, my father was admitted to the same hospital ER, with abdominal pains. It was discovered he had an infected and gangrenous gall bladder. They operated on him and had to remove it conventionally on May 13th. Remarkably, he handled it really well. He was released back to the Veteran's Home.

August 9th, Mike Brown was shot in Ferguson, and all hell broke loose in our area. (More on this in the news forum).

August 11th, I was let go/quit my piano job at the church.

Sept 1st, my dad went into the ER with an irregular heartbeat. They put in a pacemaker the next day, and again he handled it with flying colors. He was released back to the Veteran's Home.

November 12th, Mom fell and broke her hip, and had it operated on. She was moved to Delmar Gardens to recuperate. Meanwhile, while she was there, Ferguson was burning around us, so I was glad she wasn't at home as she lives on the edge of Ferguson.

December 18th, Mom was released to go home and was able to take care of herself. She was also let go from the church due to their inability to pay her.

December 27th, Dad had another ER trip and had Pneumonia. Remarkably again, he recovered fine and was returned back to the Veteran's Home.

As of today, Dad turned 92 in February and is doing wonderful. Mom turned 85 in January, and she is able to walk some without the walker all the time. She continues to play for the church for free when she feels up to it. I'm not doing that. And I managed a new dental regime and had no cavities or plaque.

Crazy year. Just glad we're all still here to start another one.

Brenda

In the box at the upper right, you'll see "Logged in as " and a link with your username (when you're logged in). If you click on that link, it'll show all of your posts in reverse order.

(Similarly, you get links of people who are logged in by clicking on the "3 active users" link (or whatever the number is at the moment).)

It looks like you were last here in October 2013.

I'm glad things are going Ok after a very stressful time. Hang in there.

HTH.

Cheers,
Scott.
New Thanks for telling me how to find it ;)
I had forgotten how to track my posts. I hadn't forgotten how to see who was on line though. ;)

October 2013 sounds about right as the time I sort of dropped off the grid. Mom finally had to let us put Dad in Delmar Gardens on November 20th, 2013, because she could no longer hold him up or help him get around. Things were pretty chaotic when we did that. It's been better since he's been at the Veteran's Home.

I'm doing my best to hang in there, thanks!

Brenda
New Re: Glad you made it through and are doing better
Thanks Peter.

Glad to see you're still around too!

Brenda

http://www.peterwhysall.com/p11568906
New Wow, those are awesome!
Thanks for the link!

I only checked out a few of them right now because I need to get to bed, (It's 2:27 a.m. in St. Louis), but I've bookmarked it for later whenever I need a shot of calm!

Beautiful, elegant photos!

John's dad takes really awesome nature photos too! I've found that there's just something about the serenity that's captured in these types of photos.

It's a calm serenity that quietly soothes the soul.

Brenda

Be grateful for your genes. Not many see both parents alive to such a ripe age.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New Thanks, Alex!
It's been quite a challenge, that's for sure.

Every day I get up with the attitude that today will be better than yesterday, and keep trying.

But being the "baby" of the family, I don't really ever expect Mom or Dad to listen to my guidance very much.

I'm not a hands on caregiver, as that would never work, but I run errands, keep paper work, provide transportation (as mom doesn't drive), and etc. When I really need them to listen to me though, I get my brother to do it. ;)

Brenda

Satan (impatiently) to Newcomer: The trouble with you Chicago people is, that you think you are the best people down here; whereas you are merely the most numerous.
- - - Mark Twain, "Pudd'nhead Wilson's New Calendar" 1897
New Thanks, it's good to be back!
             Thanks for telling me how to find it ;) - (Nightowl)
         Glad you made it through and are doing better - (pwhysall) - (3)
             Re: Glad you made it through and are doing better - (Nightowl) - (2)
                 If you need some inner calm - (pwhysall) - (1)
                     Wow, those are awesome! - (Nightowl)
         Hang in there, lady! - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
             Thanks, Alex! - (Nightowl)
         Re: How Life Changes Your Priorities - (lincoln) - (1)
             Thanks, it's good to be back! -NT - (Nightowl)

Six harpies are singin' on the lee!
185 ms