IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Somebody's trying to make it real
http://www.venturecapitallog.com/home/post/article=jdreendxxpi/586

It's not plugging directly into your brain for the inputs, but otherwise this is "The Entire History of You".
--

Drew
New but can it be used against you in a court of law?
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 59 years. meep
New That depends, are you storing it to your work cloud or personal?
There's a freebie for ya. :-)
--

Drew
New Not the same, of course, but it's been real since 1993.
Invisibilia on Thad Starner:

STARNER: I was learning trigonometry. And I went to my father - he was a power engineer - and said hey, can you help me with this homework? My father looked at it for a few minutes and said nope, I can't. I really don't remember it. Hold it - you're telling me that you knew this stuff at one point, but you forgot it? So I resolved right then and there that I was going to find a way not to forget my lessons. I found that that idea that I could gain understanding of something and then forget it was intolerable to me. It was just a sense of loss - it's like losing a chunk of yourself.

SPIEGEL: The answer, Thad was certain, was computers. Computers are great at remembering stuff. You just needed a way to weave them into your day-to-day life. And this feeling that humans could greatly benefit from more integration with computers - only intensified after Thad went away to college at MIT.

STARNER: My sophomore year, I started getting classes that - when I'm being taught by the world's masters, I found that I either could pay attention in class and get a good intuition for what the professor was saying or I could take good notes - but I could not do both.

SPIEGEL: Having to turn his attention away from the professor, concentrate on taking notes on paper or a laptop - that made Thad lose the knowledge he so much wanted to have. And he needed to fix that. And then one night, totally by accident, Thad happened on an answer.

Thad was a bigwig on Google Glass.

Cheers,
Scott.
New The qualitative difference IMO is the indexing
Recording everything is interesting. The ability to pull things up -- to *remember* -- is what makes it useful.
--

Drew
New It's exporting the human trick of pattern matching.
That's the hard part. Because everyone does it differently.

Wade.
     "Black Mirror" ... stars seem wrong - (drook) - (11)
         You're infected, too. - (pwhysall) - (3)
             Only seen the first two so far - (drook)
             Not on Netflix or Amazon Prime from the looks of it -NT - (malraux) - (1)
                 Lol, Murica. - (pwhysall)
         So done watching the six on Netflix - (drook)
         Somebody's trying to make it real - (drook) - (5)
             but can it be used against you in a court of law? -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                 That depends, are you storing it to your work cloud or personal? - (drook)
             Not the same, of course, but it's been real since 1993. - (Another Scott) - (2)
                 The qualitative difference IMO is the indexing - (drook) - (1)
                     It's exporting the human trick of pattern matching. - (static)

(to borrow Ashton's excellent phrase)
52 ms