IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Oh, it gets even better
Today I talked to a recruiter whom I've dealt with for around 6 years. I told her about this one company and their SQL evaluation test, and she told me that several years ago she sent them a candidate for a director position - and they gave HIM an SQL evaluation test!

I think I just got lucky and dodged a bullet.

Satan (impatiently) to Newcomer: The trouble with you Chicago people is, that you think you are the best people down here; whereas you are merely the most numerous.
- - - Mark Twain, "Pudd'nhead Wilson's New Calendar" 1897
New I've taken coding tests for executive positions
Of course, it was for "Chief Software Architect" so not so ridiculous.

If they wanted to make sure that the director had their head on straight it's not so out of the norm. Many development directors need to have technical chops as well so they can call BS on the developers.
Regards,
-scott
Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.
New I used to be on the other side
We had a position for an Oracle DBA who also had to to occasional ad hoc data pulls. I used to have an exceptionally simple series of tests (posted here long ago).

After about 20 failed interviews the recruiter claimed I was simply failing everyone because I wanted the job. We invited him to sit on the next interview. It was a disaster for the candidate but great for the recruiter. He sent much better candidates after that.

Not commenting on your suitability for this particular job, but I'm sure you would have breezed my test
     Interesting - (lincoln) - (31)
         Re: Interesting - (malraux) - (1)
             Re: Interesting - (lincoln)
         SQL snobbery - (static) - (22)
             Temp tables is my bet. - (mmoffitt) - (6)
                 Re: Temp tables is my bet. - (malraux) - (5)
                     Setting up temp tables correctly can be difficult. - (static)
                     If you guys say "table" one more time... - (pwhysall) - (3)
                         :-) -NT - (scoenye)
                         Only an uns*table* person would think of it! :) -NT - (a6l6e6x)
                         Ahh.. The Green Table, then: you're a balletomane.. -NT - (Ashton)
             Here is the easiest question I've received on SQL - (lincoln) - (14)
                 Re: Here is the easiest question I've received on SQL - (malraux) - (13)
                     deal_1_par_amount, deal_2_par_amount not displayed - (lincoln) - (1)
                         Re: deal_1_par_amount, deal_2_par_amount not displayed - (malraux)
                     FWIW I hate overly-terse table names like that - (drook) - (10)
                         Eh. - (malraux) - (9)
                             Ignorant question - (drook) - (8)
                                 I use Django's ORM these days - (malraux) - (7)
                                     The tools have definitely gotten better, then - (drook) - (3)
                                         PHP ORMs are execrable. - (malraux) - (2)
                                             Only PHP library I care about now is WordPress - (drook)
                                             This is unfortunately true. - (static)
                                     Newbie ORM question. - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                                         Depends on the ORM, naturally - (malraux) - (1)
                                             Thanks. -NT - (mmoffitt)
         Well, they didn't like my using tables - (lincoln) - (5)
             Unlucky - (pwhysall)
             Re: "more technical" - (a6l6e6x) - (3)
                 Oh, it gets even better - (lincoln) - (2)
                     I've taken coding tests for executive positions - (malraux)
                     I used to be on the other side - (crazy)

Fighty Bits: Yay!
Talkie Bits: SUCK!!
57 ms