IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Yep, the concept of a "man's word is his bond" is totally foreign to him.
There is no related concept of honor either. Do you remember his "Anyone can buy uniforms" bit?

In his mind, if you believe my story and it's false, you're the stupid one and I'm the wise one. You're he gullible fool, you're the durak, you're the one discredited!

The assassination of Boris Nemtsov is a more recent example. If you don't think it's Putin's doings you've got your head deep up your ass. A political opponent protesting Russia's Eastern Ukraine adventures couldn't be tolerated. The public reaction was greater than he expected, so he feigns disgust and even produces the Chechen perpetrators. But, to be sure the message of the assassination isn't muddled, Putin gives Chechen leader Ramzan Kadyrov a medal. Yeah, the Islamists did it!

Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New I didn't know about the game.
I certainly knew what durak meant, but didn't know it was a card game now. I agree that the assassination had, at minimum, Putin's tacit approval and at maximum was a direct order. I also know that there's going to be absolutely no way to prove that. Any more than there is direct proof that Illych ordered the Romanov murders - it was the Urals regional council, right?

It is rightly condemned. But let's not beguile ourselves into believing that we are much better.
New I knew about the game since childhood.
It's been the same game for Ukrainians.

And here is more on Putin's buddy. See any pattern there?
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
Expand Edited by a6l6e6x March 9, 2015, 01:26:06 PM EDT
New You want me to defend Putin? Keep waiting.
There is a difference between being one of Putin's useful idiots and being aware of Western hypocrisy, tovarisch. ;0)
New Vive! la Difference, I'd say
It's a real Pissing-Match as to--ultimately--which of these inHuman Empires is the most execrable, ??? despite the (merely 'apparent') false-wealth of our Home-empire -VS- the even-further-looted and flummoxed Tryin-to-be-Soviet-again wet dream of a guy brought-up, 'nurtured and made': Mr. KGB-personified.

From my tottering perch: I see the (past) Soviet propaganda posters, flics, constant harangues as being transparently shouting-Louder ... It's all getting-BETTER, folks / Just keep on keeping on!!
So then, the U.S, form was identical though the words more subtle/and convincing .. all via logic's employment with many hidden [÷ by 0] terms.
Both equally Pwned by their 0.001% except maybe, what with Putin even out-scoring Buffett, Apple et al: over there it's more like (?) 0.000001% And in both Evil Empires, the vast majority have lost (if ever they momentarily had that) the Basic-security of food/shelter/health ... and tolerated until (yesterday) that these benefits. costs were sent off to mere hundreds of people, who actually Rule.

So then: what *IS* the difference ... for the many? once you cut out the maddening infinite 'tax rules' and all the minority-minions making a decent living by continuing to screw the vast majority: proxies-all to the basic corrupt/fucked-Systems they abet, daily.
(Guess you can't tell either, eh?)

(I merely suspect that, the very-LAST thing most denizens of either corrupt empire welcomes hearing is: any supported, documented abject-Truthiness about their predicament, but I've come to believe that the ex-USSR folk of all ages, Could possibly deal with even That, quite more honestly and bravely than can the average sanctimonious, entitled, uninformed ..and Exceptional dis-US prole ever shall.)
But I could well be romanticizing a group about which I have only hear-say, whereas I Know the racist, xenophobic, ignoramuses (some of whom I can count) in these parts. Our group doesn't even give a fuck about 'surviving', and I suppose there to be some similar contingent amidst Russkis. maybe not a plurality there, though [??]
     BBC: Putin[']s plans for Crimea takeover. - (Another Scott) - (5)
         Yep, the concept of a "man's word is his bond" is totally foreign to him. - (a6l6e6x) - (4)
             I didn't know about the game. - (mmoffitt) - (3)
                 I knew about the game since childhood. - (a6l6e6x) - (2)
                     You want me to defend Putin? Keep waiting. - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                         Vive! la Difference, I'd say - (Ashton)

Dude, down the hall and to the left. That’s who you want.
67 ms