IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New freakin amazing
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 59 years. meep
New Makes sense that the F35 would work
With fly-by-wire you're not really moving the control surfaces directly. You're requesting that the plane move a certain way and the computer figures out the controls to make it happen.

For experienced pilots, making the controls look like what they're used to makes sense. But if you're not even using your hands, there's no reason to preserve the joystick metaphor.

That could be a lot of fun, trying to figure out new metaphors for flight control once you break free of the old ones.
--

Drew
New No
It was the basis for a bad, and very very boring Clint Eastwood movie.
New Didn't they name a browser after it?
--

Drew
New Re: Didn't they name a browser after it?
Oh, you must mean Internet Explorers from The Derp eh?
New Eventually ;-)
New And from the sidebar . .
Paul Allen claims to have found the wreckage of the Japanese superbattleship Musashi, sunk in the Philippines. The few published photos suggest it isn't in real good shape.

One interest in this ship is that, as a fleet command ship, it may still have on board a Japanese Purple (US designation) code machine. All these machines were totally destroyed when they had to be abandoned, but it's possible there wasn't time to think about it in this case.

A fragment of one was found in the Japanese embassy in Berlin. Interestingly, the American code breaking crew selected the very same telephone switch for their conjectured imitation as the Japanese original used.
     wasn't this the basis for a bad Clint Eastwood movie? - (crazy) - (7)
         freakin amazing -NT - (boxley)
         Makes sense that the F35 would work - (drook)
         No - (pwhysall) - (3)
             Didn't they name a browser after it? -NT - (drook) - (2)
                 Re: Didn't they name a browser after it? - (Ashton)
                 Eventually ;-) -NT - (scoenye)
         And from the sidebar . . - (Andrew Grygus)

Always wook on da bwight side of Wife!
185 ms