IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Need an Estonian recipe recommendation
One of the kids has a Girl Scouts event coming up where each troop represents a different country. Ours got Estonia. One of the things each troop does at the event is sell food from their country. Last year we did crepes, and made some pretty good money.

Criteria, in order of importance:
* Can be made ahead and brought to the event
* Easy to serve single servings from a warmer or steam tray
* Representative of Estonia
* Kid friendly (meaning they'll want to buy it and try it)

Any suggestions?
--

Drew
New All I can think of is sprats and crackers, wait for Andrew's reply
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 59 years. meep
New Realizing that I had not a single association with what Estonians eat (either)
Found this. Seems to fill the bill re your list? And be a kid-magnet, too!

Bon appetít.
New Couple good ideas, thanks
--

Drew
New They don't have food in Estonia - well, except . . .
. . blood sausage, head cheese, black rye bread, sauerkraut and sprats on crackers (as well as other varieties of herring) - but none of that is particularly kid friendly.

You might try pirukad, about the same thing as Russian Pirozhki. I see I made my Russian menu so long ago I don't have a recipe up, but a good filling is buckwheat kasha (vegetarian, but reasonably tasty). See Wikipedia Pirozhki, and many recipes on-line.

You could also look at Kringle (Wikipedia Kringle). A Finnish version would be most appropriate since Estonians are related to the Fins, just across the bay.

New Probably going to do Kringle or braided bread
--

Drew
     Need an Estonian recipe recommendation - (drook) - (5)
         All I can think of is sprats and crackers, wait for Andrew's reply -NT - (boxley)
         Realizing that I had not a single association with what Estonians eat (either) - (Ashton) - (1)
             Couple good ideas, thanks -NT - (drook)
         They don't have food in Estonia - well, except . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
             Probably going to do Kringle or braided bread -NT - (drook)

Home of the sash-swinging flasher!
56 ms