IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New I guess that all depends on whose propaganda you want to believe.
I suppose we didn't assure Gorbachev of anything as well.
New #397198
Everything is connected to a previous post... ;-)

How about the issue of independent states being free to set their own policies and so forth? UN 25/2625 (October 24, 1970):

Convinced that the strict observance by States of the obligation not to intervene in the affairs of any other State is an essential condition to ensure that nations live together in peace with one another, since the practice of any form of intervention not only violates the spirit and letter of the Charter, but also leads to the creation of situations which threaten international peace and security,

Recalling the duty of States to refrain in their international relations from military, political, economic or any other form of coercion aimed against the political independence or territorial integrity of any State,

Considering it essential that all States shall refrain in their international relations from the threat or use of force against the territorial integrity or political independence of any State, or in any other manner inconsistent with the purposes of the United Nations,

Considering it equally essential that all States shall settle their international disputes by peaceful means in accordance with the Charter,

Reaffirming, in accordance with the Charter, the basic importance of sovereign equality and stressing that the purposes of the United Nations can be implemented only if States enjoy sovereign equality and comply fully with the requirements of this principle in their international relations,

Does Putin's hurt feelings trump that, too?

To be clear - yes, we (the USA) too often haven't stood up for those principles in the past. That doesn't mean Putin should be able to trash them now. Ukraine is an independent nation that should be supported while Putin tries to chop it up and impose his views on its government.

Cheers,
Scott.
     The ceasefire agreement sounds like a win for Ukraine. - (Another Scott) - (17)
         Will guys like this leave, too? - (mmoffitt) - (7)
             Lots of people speak English. - (Another Scott) - (6)
                 It could end in a second with these words from Poroshenko. - (mmoffitt) - (5)
                     Putin started this because of an EU agreement, not a proposed NATO agreement... - (Another Scott) - (4)
                         Re: NATO is a side issue. You know this. - (a6l6e6x) - (3)
                             Yup. Thanks. -NT - (Another Scott)
                             I guess that all depends on whose propaganda you want to believe. - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                                 #397198 - (Another Scott)
         It's only a lull before the spring offensive. - (a6l6e6x) - (3)
             I would suspect that as well, but... - (Another Scott) - (2)
                 Vlad is richer than Warren Buffett. - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
                     Interesting, that last.. - (Ashton)
         The Economist weighs in. - (Another Scott) - (4)
             Odd, isn't it? how that last sentence applies to another, familiar country, - (Ashton)
             Yes, for $DEITY'S sake! The Victory of Consumerism will save us ALL! - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                 {chortle} ..Yeah, it's tough, innit? - (Ashton)
             Right on, and thanks! - (a6l6e6x)

One of them was this cute little yellowtail, and she's giving me the eye. So I figured, this is my chance for a little fun. You know, piece o' Pisces.
45 ms