I know, I don't have to touch it. But it's one more layer between the pixels and one's eyes. (I've seen touch screens on phones where you can see the touch sensors pretty easily if the angle is just right.) Plus, $500 for the screen?!?

The 8GB issue isn't the OS. It's the stuff you want to do with it. I've got Chrome, Thunderbird, SumatraPDF, and a couple of tiny things running on this R835 i5 with 8 GB (Win7 Home), and I'm using 6.72 GB of physical RAM. With a 1366 x 768 display. I've already maxed it out (I just replaced the DVD drive with a second 512 GB SSD).

Plus, who was reminding us that when you're pushing lots of pixels, you really need lots of dedicated video memory? ;-) I assume the XPS 13 is just using the integrated HD 5500 graphics which uses system RAM. No doubt it's reasonably fast and clever, but it'll still be eating the system RAM.

Plus, there's the antivirus/antispyware/etc. abortions that Winders users need to run all the time. :-/

All that said, it does sound like a nice machine. Apple should be worried about it. Especially with an i7. Looking forward to your review!

Cheers,
Scott.